• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing on ROC editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Aye, that's how we used to have to do it. Manually set the path for whatever model or icon or whathaveyou that you want to add on the object that you want to use it, and then import the file to the map using WinMPQ.

Bear in mind that when you open the map in WE later and save it, it will eliminate any files that you've added, so the last thing you have to do whenever you save the map is re-import all the imports.

Pain in the arse, eh? Let me tell you, I was ecstatic when TFT came out.

Level 5
I don't think WEU for RoC can do that since it is an added feature for WE. I think, correct me if I'm wrong, that it is only usable with TFT due to the features such as the map size and the Advanced Triggers.

Level 32
Tonks covered this subject in detail:

The Hive Workshop > Warcraft III Tutorials > General Mapping Tutorials > Enhancing your RoC map with FT Features
This process will let people with the limited RoC editor create maps that are TFT-editor quality. The nicest thing about this is, your map won't convert to TFT, even if you use TFT-labelled things. You can even make your map that has been converted to TFT a RoC map by labelling the TFT things as RoC things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.