• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Models ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I hope this is in the right catagorey, but anyway i need help with importing the models i downloaded, i save them then unzip them then i go to import and import the files, but when i try to apply them it dosnt work.... whats up with that?

Level 2
well, i'm a noob at worldedit too but this is what i do
if a model is a model for example: war3mapImported\sephiroth.mdx
i would just make it to sephiroth.mdx
and for the .blp like war3Imported\ribbonblur.blp
take out war3Imported and change it to Textures\ribbonblur.blp
hope thats easy enough for you

oh and make sure to know which slash button to use, don't use the one right next to the shift button which changes it into a ? mark when you hold down shift. use the \ button right above the Enter button

Level 32
Model files themselves (.mdx) require no custom paths and may remain pathed as war3mapimported\modelname.

Backslashes " \ " are always used.

For associated texture files (.blp) one must know the exact custom path for each model. Copy the texture path exactly as shown on the web page where you found the model.

Unknown paths can be determined by using Warcraft III Viewer. Open the model and select: Current File>Show Used Texture Names.

Level 2
How come when i made the file HolyPortal.mdxit made it HolyPortal.mdland then it dosnt work...and how do you get skins that the people dont put in the package to download?

Level 6
How come when i made the file HolyPortal.mdx it made it HolyPortal.mdland then it dosnt work

Its because you can't just change the file type just like that
You need to get Mdlx Converter and convert the model file to mdx.
Just search your files, select the model and it will convert it.
Here's the link http://wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=91130
EDIT: Did you say Save THEN unzip them?!?
That may be the problem, Unzip THEN save

Level 32
Here at the Hive when you download a model all associated textures will be included in a new folder wherever you decide to place it on your hard drive.

Strangely enough, imported models are displayed as .mdl when they are applied in the object editor. Don't let this confuse you, it's set up that way and any reliable, stable model will work just fine.

Here's a screen shot of how my own Object Editor looks when all settings are properly configured:
OE.jpg

Level 2
Ok my screen looks JUST like that SS but when i do it the model dosnt change but instead it says Cant Load: war3mapimported\Alexstrasza.mdl Whats up with that?

Level 1
hi im new here but i think i have a problem similar to frost and was wondering if u could help me out
in the editor i can see some of the custom units and others are only boxes
but when i go to test the game all the units essentially dissapear and all that u can see is a bunch of shadows
In the editor i also get the cant load message
i tried going and getting the converter burger bling suggested and converting the mdx files to mdl but it only made things worse
i had some of my custom skins working but now they are all shadows
idk i had a pretty good map to start with and now its falling apart
could you guys help me?

Level 1
well now i have all of my custom skins working but one its this one of a whats supposed to be a spartan
I can see the unit in the editor and i dont get and "could not load imported file bla bla bla" and everything looks fine but when i get in the game the spartans dissapear and all that is there is shadows
the ai can still attack them and vice versa u just cant see the units or select them

Level 32
If your other custom skins are working then you must have properly attached them to the model file(s) that use them.

The problem should therefore be related to the skin itself. First use Warcraft III viewer to many sure that a model correctly references the spartan skin. If not, you might need to use War3ModelEditor or MdxPather to make some changes (all those tools are available in our tool resource section).

If the skin STILL does not work It may just be faulty (usually related to improper alpha channel editing). You might need to start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.