• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing models gone wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Are you creating a campaign and have imported your models in the campaign importer?

The test function doesn't work properly for campaigns, so you're going to have to use the Warcraft III->Custom Campaigns->Your campaign
to test your campaign.

Level 11
First answer these questions:
Which skin are you using? Are you overwriting a default texture or just importing a custom skin? Does the skin require multiple BLP's or is it just one BLP file?

Then you can try this:

1) Remove the import from your map, save and exit then close editor.
2) Open world editor
3) Make sure that "create blank map on startup" is off. If it is already unchecked skip to step 5.
4) Close and re-open editor.
5) Verify that a new map wasn't created on startup.
6) Open your custom map.
7) Import your skin and rename to correct paths.
8) Save map
9) Close map
10) Re-open map
11) Test in game.

Level 11
Attach the map to a post so we can test it.

Done

First answer these questions:
Which skin are you using? Are you overwriting a default texture or just importing a custom skin? Does the skin require multiple BLP's or is it just one BLP file?

Then you can try this:

1) Remove the import from your map, save and exit then close editor.
2) Open world editor
3) Make sure that "create blank map on startup" is off. If it is already unchecked skip to step 5.
4) Close and re-open editor.
5) Verify that a new map wasn't created on startup.
6) Open your custom map.
7) Import your skin and rename to correct paths.
8) Save map
9) Close map
10) Re-open map
11) Test in game.

It is a custom building model with it's own textures, did what you told me to do and it still did not work.

Attachments

• Custom Races Object Data.w3x
    342.6 KB · Views: 28
Level 25
What model is not working?
The hatchery model works ingame, the other two models doesn't work in the editor or the game.

Are you playing with model settings set to low ingame? Because I tried setting my model settings to low in the editor and then the hatchery wasn't rendered. So simply put model settings to high in both editor and game and you should be set to go.

Level 11
What model is not working?
The hatchery model works ingame, the other two models doesn't work in the editor or the game.

Are you playing with model settings set to low ingame? Because I tried setting my model settings to low in the editor and then the hatchery wasn't rendered. So simply put model settings to high in both editor and game and you should be set to go.

It is the Evolution Chamber that is not working.

edit: i am on highest graphiics

Level 11
Out of curiosity, are you importing models that have different textures but use the same filename (EX. Two different models both with a BLP named red.blp)?

If that's the case you may need to open one of the models in Magos Model Editor and rename the conflicting texture so that it references a different path/filename in game.

Level 11
Out of curiosity, are you importing models that have different textures but use the same filename (EX. Two different models both with a BLP named red.blp)?

If that's the case you may need to open one of the models in Magos Model Editor and rename the conflicting texture so that it references a different path/filename in game.

Nope, I did something else. I exported the models and textures from another map (not stealing he gives permission the map isn't protected) and I look up the paths from that map. In the other map I got the models from they work but for me they do not?

Level 11
Sounds like you may be missing a texture that the model references. Are you sure you've imported all BLP's that are associated to the model?

Yes

The evolution chamber model doesn't work in the editor too, so your opening question "why does this model only work in the editor" isn't really correct.

Sorry, first the hatchery din't work but I was able to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.