• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Importing Model help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Alright, so... I was wondering if anyone could give me a step-by-step tutorial on importing models downloaded off this site...

I must be doing something wrong, because i every time i place the unit i attach the model to, i get a green checkered box.

So... Can i get a simplified tutorial?

Level 1
Erm... Well, i'm screwed. That's the one i used...

It's thorough enough, for sure. I just need one that's a bit moreso... <.<"

<====Still new to editing.

Level 27
Well check the following things
  • Are all your paths named correctly? They custom textures will be the textures in RED in the textures list, and what you import them as must match the names exactly.
  • Did you either press save before loading the model or restarting the World Editor? Try restart the world editor, see if that helps.
These are commonly made errors amongst newbies, and I hope you get this issue resolved soon!
--donut3.5--

Level 1
I went back to the tutorial and checked and rechecked to make sure everything was right...
I'm still getting a green checkered box.

I have to be doing something wrong.

._."

Level 1
It's approved. It's the Bladedancer.
And it won't show up in the viewer, no...
I discovered that the only models that don't work are ones with special .bls files... IF that has anything to do with it.

EDIT:
Other models like the Blood Phoenix Archer and Blood Knight work...

Do NOT double-post. Use the Edit Post button.
~Posts Merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 34
It is probably the model, or you

A) Got a path wrong
B) Didn't import all the files, probably a custom texture.
C) Didn't restart the editor

Post the model that you couldn't get working.

Level 1
Like i said, it's not just a specific one that i can't get to work. It's just about any with custom .blp files

That's why i think i must be doing something wrong.

Level 34
Make sure you only edit the paths to blp files. Not the model files.

Then you must have the paths wrong.

Level 12
Here's what you can do:

Link the bladedancer model page and post your map so we can see what you did wrong.

Level 14
Well, if the texture is custom, make sure that when you import it, you change the texture to the correct path.

Like for example, if you imported a texture called Blah.blp, it will look like war3mapimported\Blah.blp when you first import it.
But, more than likely the model doesn't use that as the path for the texture (war3mapimported\Blah.blp) and you'll probably have to change the path to probably Blah.blp or maybe even Textures\Blah.blp.

Most of the time, you just have to remove the war3mapimported\.

*You can change the path by clicking on the imported texture twice in the import manager and click Use Custom Path, and then change the path to the correct path that the model uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.