• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
ok so i have a whole bunch of dowloads and they dont work and i dont have a mac and my warcraft editor doesnt have slot for the profiles like where it says "Art - Model file - Portrat" My world editor doesn thave that on it is there an update to the world editor???

Level 7
Huh? Are you asking us about how to import model portrait files? :confused:. Otherwise if you are using the RoC World Editor then it will not work. In other terms if you have the TFT World Editor, then there is no Art - Model File - Portrait because portraits are only meant for the model meaning the portrait is already attached to the model but must be imported though. :grin:

Plus, however if you are talking about portraits then ... only doodads should have an Art - Model Portrait. There is no other updates that make this happen. Although if you haven't gotten updates from signing up to Bnet then you should. :thumbs_up:

If you weren't talking about portrait files then you mustve imported a texture wrong or you never imported texture correctly or one texture is missing ^^.

*Off Topic* You should introduce yourself and make a thread on the Introduce Yourself Forum, War Spirit! Cuz we would like to know what you can do in Warcraft, well am not forcing you to do it if you don't want to though. But anyways ... welcome to the Hive man!

Level 1
ok thx man so i got the imports down in the import section and when i put it on a character i would like to use half of them dont work they just end up as umm blank air and the readme says stuff like you dont need the texture paths for this models so they dont tell it....

Level 1
ok i kind of figured it out i have to be in hive workshop to find out the texture places is there any way for this to go faster? in stead of importing and changing the file name everytime you import?

Level 7
I don't think so man :bored: ... but I guess you have to deal with renaming, importing, deleting, etc. because it tells yourself you at least did something hard ... and time consuming lolz! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.