1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Import] Imported Model Causes Map Crash

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Clopfish, May 9, 2017.

1. Clopfish

Clopfish

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi guys, I've imported a model from the UTM 4.0, the rock cliff, but I have to load UTM first otherwise I get the green cube, and if I load UTM first and then try to place it the editor crashes.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

2. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Be more precise, which rock cliff are you talking about?

3. Clopfish

Clopfish

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here's the rock cliff, shown in the editor
    [​IMG]

In the Object manager showing the file path
    [​IMG]

And the actual file in the Import manager, I've noticed that it says Cliff 1.mdx where the object manager says cliff 1.mdl, though I don't know if that actually makes a difference?
    [​IMG]

Edit: There are 3 cliff models... should I import them all?

4. daverave1212

daverave1212

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you open a map, import a model and it works, for example, let's say you imported a model called 'drone.mdx' and you see it well in the editor, and then create a new map and set a unit's model path to the custom path of 'drone.mdx' (typed by you), the model will show up in the editor regardless. It may have to do with a corrupted blp file. Its a random guess

5. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did you open the model file "cliff 1.mdx" with the editor and check its textures?
    You need to ex-and import the texture "zerusrockcliffmedium_01_diffuse.blp" to make it work.

6. Clopfish

Clopfish

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did not, how do I check the textures of the model itself? I imported the texture you said and it does not seem to work still.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  7. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    like i said, you have to open the model file (right click the cliff 1.mdx file -> open with notepad). In there you'll find the textures uses by the model.

For this specific cliff 1.mdx model it is zerusrockcliffmedium_01_diffuse.blp WITHOUT the war3mapimported.

You gotta be very precise when modifying stuff in general. Just a friendly advice, it saves a lot of trouble later.

8. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Except the case. MPQ is largely case insensitive.

9. Clopfish

Clopfish

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay that got it working, thanks a bunch :)

Edit: For some reason I still have to load up the UTM first, otherwise I get the invasion of the green cubes.

Found out that I hadn't changed the model path in the manager, for some reason it defaulted back to war3imported.

Problem solved!

Last edited: May 10, 2017