• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Imported Model Causes Map Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys, I've imported a model from the UTM 4.0, the rock cliff, but I have to load UTM first otherwise I get the green cube, and if I load UTM first and then try to place it the editor crashes.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Level 2
Here's the rock cliff, shown in the editor
rock-cliff-png.267421

In the Object manager showing the file path
object-manager-png.267422

And the actual file in the Import manager, I've noticed that it says Cliff 1.mdx where the object manager says cliff 1.mdl, though I don't know if that actually makes a difference?
import-manager-png.267423

Edit: There are 3 cliff models... should I import them all?

If you open a map, import a model and it works, for example, let's say you imported a model called 'drone.mdx' and you see it well in the editor, and then create a new map and set a unit's model path to the custom path of 'drone.mdx' (typed by you), the model will show up in the editor regardless. It may have to do with a corrupted blp file. Its a random guess

Level 21
Did you open the model file "cliff 1.mdx" with the editor and check its textures?
You need to ex-and import the texture "zerusrockcliffmedium_01_diffuse.blp" to make it work.

Level 2
I did not, how do I check the textures of the model itself? I imported the texture you said and it does not seem to work still.

Last edited:
Level 21
like i said, you have to open the model file (right click the cliff 1.mdx file -> open with notepad). In there you'll find the textures uses by the model.

For this specific cliff 1.mdx model it is zerusrockcliffmedium_01_diffuse.blp WITHOUT the war3mapimported.

You gotta be very precise when modifying stuff in general. Just a friendly advice, it saves a lot of trouble later.

Level 2
Okay that got it working, thanks a bunch :)

Edit: For some reason I still have to load up the UTM first, otherwise I get the invasion of the green cubes.

Found out that I hadn't changed the model path in the manager, for some reason it defaulted back to war3imported.

Problem solved!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.