• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Important question !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello to all,
I would like to ask how can i make in my map,
heroes to have a learn skill that when learned, it will open up a menu with others skills to learn and when the menu closes,the learn skill (menu) will be unlearned and will be available again for learning,and the normal skill he chose to learn will be learned normally.

To be more specific i would like to have a Evolve learn skill (menu) and when the hero choses 1 skill from there
he will instantly evolve into something better and 1 magic learn skill (menu) where heroes can learn many spells .

i would also like to ask if there is a way when a hero learns a skill the learned skill to remain the same,like he didnt learn it and the skill to remain the same level(to remain level 1 and be available for learning again) but a trigger i choose to be activated and do some actions.

i hope you help me

:D

Level 15
ok

Ok, Not quite shure what you mean here. But when a hero uses a skill a meny comes up?. Well if that is the case you need to use dialog buttons. go to http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/dialogs.php to learn more about them.

So the trigger will be like:

-A unit casts an ability
-Ability is equal (You ability)
-Dialog- Clear (Your dialog)
-Change the title of (Your dialog) to (A name)
-Create a dialog button for last cleared dialog
-Set last dialog (to variable) ''My_Dialog''
(Do this with all of you options)

The the other triggers (You have to make this trigger for all of your options)

-A dialogbutton is clicked for (Your dialog)
-Clicked button is equal to My_Dialog(1)
-Add ''ability'' for ''Unit''

Well, It's not quite like that, but something like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.