• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Important Computer Thread - Windows not running good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all.

I've working with windows vista for 1 and a half year now.
I never got any virus, no crash, nothing bad at all.
3 days ago my pc crashed over night.

It crashes and crashes and continues, sometimes after 5 minutes,
sometimes after a few hours

Until that day I am having really big problems with my pc.
I need to reinstall the system32 folder, I don't want to reinstall the
whole windows, because I Have 250GB Data which is needed.

I also don'T want to need to install the 200 installed programs again.

I'd like to know what I can do. I need sources for windows vista files and/or
CDS/ recovery. That would be really nice.

I am not having a CD because the PC is bought and windows was preinstalled.

The only thing I am able to do is a full bought-installed clean version of windows, which would delete my 250GB of data.

System recovery doesn't work?

Nope.

I found a temporary solution, I detected the system partition hidden which has the "delivery default state" of my windows. Copied and pasted all files in the partition of system32 files into my system and voila, it works better now.

Last edited:
Level 34
Yes, why?

I hope you didn't dismantled it. If you did, remove (or not) carefully the old processor fan cooling paste and place new cooling paste on it.

Why you ask?
The processor produces huge heat and if the paste isn't placed correctly on it or not even at all, you risk crashes/shutdowns or even worse; a fried processor drenched in plastic marinade and French fries.

I myself had this problem some while ago, my computer kept crashing, don't know what the problem was. So I cleaned and checked everything, after a quick checkup at the fan, I discovered that the paste was not working so I replaced the fan ánd the paste. Now everything works again just fine.

Level 19
I was gonna suggest reinstall on it like repair I mean dont delete the current version dont format the disk just reinstall over it

Status
Not open for further replies.