• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Import Manager Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Are there any tools or other ways to Rescript the File Path of Imported Files really fast in the Import Manager? I am already up to ~2700 data and now it needs kind of long to just delete the "war3imported" of one blp data.

Level 28
I'm not so sure about that, the best solution is to import single data and then change it's path, but as for Mdx. Model they don't really need to change path except their imported textures, as for the icons the BTN doesn't need to change path but DISBTN, the fastest way is to copy-past the path from one data to the other one...etc.

Level 10
I'm not so sure about that, the best solution is to import single data and then change it's path, but as for Mdx. Model they don't really need to change path except their imported textures, as for the icons the BTN doesn't need to change path but DISBTN, the fastest way is to copy-past the path from one data to the other one...etc.

Yeah I know that but I often have to import like 20-30 Blp files and chnging all their paths can need really long :D

Level 11
I also have this major problem, there must be a way around it. I don't mind copy-pasting it each time, the problem is that every time I do change the path the slider goes to the top (it resets). Since I have a lot of models (most of them are simply mdx., but there are textures hidden between them) it makes the process of scrolling down and finding the next blp. or DSTBM a real pain and way longer than it should be.

Level 11
I know how to find a BTN. and BLP. both in the object editor and in the Import Manager, the ISSUE is that with 100+ DSBTN. and BLP. it takes ages to properly path each of them when you import the data from one map to another.

Level 12
Hey, I just found a trick for this by accident. If you press Ctrl after it pops back to the top, it scrolls down instantly right to where you were. You can also press the down arrow key to go to the next one (probably bunch of other random ways, but you get the point).

Status
Not open for further replies.