• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Implosion of the preview image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
The problem is, when I'm using Google Chrome and click on some Hive's resource's preview image to zoom it, the picture just implodes inside itself and disappears - I have to refresh the page to see the preview image again. However, it doesn't do that with Firefox, it's okay there. My questions are: why does that happen and how can it be fixed? Don't tell me to switch to Firefox, because I won't.

Level 10
The problem is, when I'm using Google Chrome and click on some Hive's resource's preview image to zoom it, the picture just implodes inside itself and disappears - I have to refresh the page to see the preview image again. However, it doesn't do that with Firefox, it's okay there. My questions are: why does that happen and how can it be fixed? Don't tell me to switch to Firefox, because I won't.

I use Chrome all the time, I can't see why that happens to you. I know, before you try out Chrome, Mozilla seems the best. But it isn't.
When did it start happening? Maybe it has something to do with that.

Level 34
I use Chrome all the time, I can't see why that happens to you. I know, before you try out Chrome, Mozilla seems the best. But it isn't.
When did it start happening? Maybe it has something to do with that.
It wasn't always like this. I wasn't active on Hive for several months, so I don't know what changes Hive had been through and what new upgrades were installed to Hive, if that had even happened in the meantime. My assumption is that Google Chrome isn't compatible with Hive's newest upgrade and a possible solution to the problem that I'm encountering would be for Ralle to make Hive compatible with Google Chrome, somehow, I don't know, I am not really into that.

Level 10
It wasn't always like this. I wasn't active on Hive for several months, so I don't know what changes Hive had been through and what new upgrades were installed to Hive, if that had even happened in the meantime. My assumption is that Google Chrome isn't compatible with Hive's newest upgrade and a possible solution to the problem that I'm encountering would be for Ralle to make Hive compatible with Google Chrome, somehow, I don't know, I am not really into that.

Maybe it's the version of Chrome? Because mine one doesn't do something like that. And there's one new thing about these picture previews...and it's the zoom in of the picture. So yea, that's a possibility.

Level 34
Ah, try disabling it.

There is AdBlock for every browser but the only thing these have in common is the core. Contend hiding/blocking is highly browser-dependent. So, the AdBlock content blocking for Chrome might be the fault.
You were right, it works perfectly after I disabled AdBlock. However, I don't want to disable AdBlock each time I want to see previews of pictures, is there any way to fix that, now?

Level 21
There must be a filter interfering with Hive.

You must check the debugger/error console of AdBlock after this implosion occurs. Too bad AdBlock for Chrome doesn't have a console!

Edit: Yes, I see the bug now.

If we don't fix it, you might want to check out Opera. I am much more satisfied with it than with Chrome.

Last edited:
Level 34
There must be a filter interfering with Hive.

You must check the debugger/error console of AdBlock after this implosion occurs. Too bad AdBlock for Chrome doesn't have a console!

Edit: Yes, I see the bug now.

If we don't fix it, you might want to check out Opera. I am much more satisfied with it than with Chrome.
I just tried Opera, it doesn't suit me, and it's slower than Chrome.

Level 34
Okay.
So, did you find anything relevant?
What exactly do you mean by relevant? Something relevant to the problem I'm having with AdBlock and Chrome? The preview of the images on Hive works, when using Opera, if that's what you mean.
Or do you mean, did I find anything relevant to my interest with Opera? No, only Chrome is relevant to my interest.

Level 22
Friky, I had this problem too, sometimes it just "implodes" and sometimes it actually works. Yet it usually works if you let the site load til it's finished rather than pressing the preview right away. (Yes I have chrome and adblock and is experiencing this problem too).

Level 34
I noticed something about this issue, how it can be easily avoided without disabling AdBlock or using a different browser. You just have to look at preview images by clicking with your Mouse Wheel Button, which is also used to open links into new tabs. So far I haven't noticed any problems by using this method and I think it's the easiest and least annoying one, the only problem with this is that you'll just have to close those tabs (all the time). Shortcut for closing tabs, as you may already know, is [Ctrl + W]. However, I still think this should be fixed somehow, if there's even anyone who knows how to.

Status
Not open for further replies.