• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

immolation stacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
please help im trying to make an immolation item stack with an immolation skill

also id like to know how dotas radiance is made

Edit: does anyone know of any guides for orb effects and buffs hive doesnt seem to have any

Level 8
radiance is basically immolation with a different art (instead of the small flame in the default immolation it is the sparkling effect, i think it's the rejuvenating art) with a wider damage range. i don't know if it affects units that are hidden in the fog of war, but if it is, then it's just immolation.

most buffs are usually for information purposes only (buff placers, auras). and most of the orb effects are from the basic orb items (Orb of Slow, Orb of Frost, Mask of Death, etc). most of them are pretty understandable.

Level 5
i thought it was to do with the buffs at first but when i had a look at the different immolations in the game they seem to already use different ones and even removing it did nothing

i thought buffs were just for show as well but i see there are some buffs with no icons and no art like ultravision and war club so i guess it must have some effect other than visuals

i was wondering how you make skills orb or not
like sange (from dota) used to be an orb effect but then it got changed so it no longer is

Level 10
If an ability is based on an orb ability/lifesteal, the result is an orb ability and there is no way to change that. However, there are ways to go around this by basing an ability on a non-orb ability. I will use maim (slow movement and attack speed) as an example. Here are 2 different ways to do it:

1. Make an ability based on orb of frost/orb of slow

2. Create a dummy unit to cast slow on target unit, when a unit with the ability attacks another unit

In the first example, the ability is an orb ability, in the second example it isn't.

Level 8
the Sange in DoTA used to be from an orb ability (Orb of Slow), but i think they changed it into a triggered ability that's why it's no longer an orb. all spell-casting orb abilities (example is Mjollnir and Maelstrom's Chain Lightning) can be triggered so it will no longer be an orb. as what Erkki2 said in #2.

please help im trying to make an immolation item stack with an immolation skill

also id like to know how dotas radiance is made

Edit: does anyone know of any guides for orb effects and buffs hive doesnt seem to have any
I don't think immolation from item stacks with immolation skill, you have to use the Tornado's Building Damage Aura ability in the item. This is also the ability that Radiance's was based on.

Level 30
Immolation can stack with different buffs for each ability. It can also stack with two units having the same ability/buff.

But since Immolation has it's periods, such as not working from time to time with any of two statements I mentioned up there, I suggest you to either use the triggered damage system, or negative values in "Unholy Aura".

Status
Not open for further replies.