• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Image size to 128x128

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Use only 1/4 of the texture... 256x256 / 4 = 128x128.
well, it did not matter how small it was, even with 16x16 it displayed as 256x256.
i tried around with it some more, it seems a bit buggy? i read on some pages that you need at least 1px of transparent edges, so thats what i did.
its hard to see on the screenshot, but at the left of my green plateau is a small block of more transparent green. the size is fitting now tho

Attachments

• tile.PNG
    tile.PNG
    705.1 KB · Views: 63

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I thought you had the transparent boarder already...

These images are overlaid the terrain on the image layer. Like the terrain, this is fragmented into 4x4 terrain chunks. The images are placed on this layer by using out of range UV coordinates (judging from the behaviour) with nearest pixel sampling for out of range texels. The result is that the boarder is stretched to fill the entire 4x4 terrain chunk when even a part of the image is visible on it. Hence one needs a 1 pixel transparent boarder as transparent texels being stretched across the entire 4x4 chunk makes no difference as only the non transparent image is seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.