• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Image on Epicwar.com? +5 Rep for right answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have had a custom preview image for my map ever since I started posting on epicwar.com, but it always parses out the actual minimap image or just gives me a question mark instead of the real picture.

Does anyone know how to make it parse correctly?

I am already using the war3mapPreview.tga file and it works fine in-game and parses correctly on this site.

I have tried both 128x128 px and 256x256 px and neither one works.

I am using a "map protector," but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Attachments

• custom_minimap_image.PNG
    custom_minimap_image.PNG
    91.5 KB · Views: 197
Level 3
are you sure that Jpg pictures will work with wc3 ?? 'Cuz I've had some problems using that before.. Not that I am THAT experienced with it, but whatever.. Isn't there a picture format that Wc3 / WE uses normally ?? try that..

Level 6
Have you tried putting up an unprotected map to see if that is the problem? It isn't likely, but it helps to rule out as many things as possible.

Use a MPQ Browser like Magos War3 Model Editor, right click a open source map, press Open With war3modeleditor, on the mpq browser, search for the minimap file and open it. Use the texture manager to know the size of the minimap.
Minimap size is variable according to your mapsize.

After you know the minimap size, resize your picture, and import as war3mapMap.blp

Status
Not open for further replies.