• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm struggling with importing this custom spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi,

I'm trying to import this spell in my map :

Kamehameha v1.0

But, I'm struggling since yesterday and can't make it work correctly.

Might be useful to specify that, I'm using the reforged version or WorldEdit and successfully imported old custom spells with it before.

My problems are the following :
Even tho I've done all the copy and paste in the right order as explained by the spell creator and have imported his custom skins using the exact same path he used, some custom skins don't appear in my map and my spell (kamehameha) is abnormally huge.

I've read the entire code this morning again and didn't spot any differencies between his code and mine (his that I copied and pasted).

Here is the path the creator of the spell used and I used exactly the same :
1580397581-path.jpg

Here is a custom skin not apprearing in my map
1580397581-my-editor.jpg

While it appears in his map :
1580397581-his-editor.jpg

Here is my abnormally huge kamehameha even tho I used the same dummies, scales and parameters as him :
1580397581-my-kamehameha.jpg

Here is his normally sized Kamehameha :
1580397954-his-kamehameha.jpg

Any idea how to solve any of these problems or what could cause them ?

Your help would be much appreciated, plus I'm close to it. I can feel it :gg:

Thanks

Level 5
It looks like you got an import issue, could you try to manually import the .mdx & .blp files one by one to and see if they are working then ?

Sometimes you also need to restart the WE after importing but I think they fixed the issue in Reforged WE.

Level 3
It looks like you got an import issue, could you try to manually import the .mdx & .blp files one by one to and see if they are working then ?

Sometimes you also need to restart the WE after importing but I think they fixed the issue in Reforged WE.

Thank you for your answer.

I did try to import them one by one and even on another map, but I got the same issue. I always restart WE after importing models, just a habit.
hahaha Reforged fixing bugs, you meant adding new ones, right ? :xxd:

However, doing your adviced manipulation once again made me realise something.

Even on the original map (the one of the spell creator), the skins that don't work on my map, don't work 100% correctly on his either.

Let me explain : On the original map, when I open the modele-file of a non-bugging skin, those two lines are by default the same :
1580405035-same-thing.jpg

But when I open the model-file of a bugging skin, those two lines are by default not the same
1580405035-not-same-thing.jpg

And this coincide for all of them. All the bugging skins have those lines different and all the non-bugging skins have those two lines being similar. It must mean something.

I hope I explained clearly, it's a bit difficult to be clear

Status
Not open for further replies.