• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help me with my kamehameha spell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello guys, i need help with some bugs in this spell.Heres the file.
Kamehameha-dimitri231 - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com

I need help on:
How do i change the speed of the balls to more than 522?
Why when the spell is over, the char fires out a shockwave?
Why cant i use the spell 2 times in the map?
Why the kamehameha dont go in a straight way?It do some curve when walking to the enemy.
Please, help me!
To anyone who help me, will be my friend :):wink:
OBS:Dont do the trigger in the map, tell me here!PM me for details.

Level 28
Just place a
  • Unit - Order (Triggering Unit) to Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave *location*
whereas *loaction* is the target point of ability being cast (it should be set to a variable)
I believe the spell is not MUI (as to say not castable by two units simultaneously) - maybe it uses 'Wait x seconds' which fucks up trigger queues.
Next, I pass

Level 12
If you want it to be faster, you're gonna have to manually adjust each unit/missile's position using their X and Y coordinates.

Level 11
Event - A unit finishes casting a spell
Conditions - Spell is kamehameha
Actions - Create special effect shockwave (not sure if it will move)
if it doesnt move:
Actions - Create shockwave dummy at position of casting unit (shud set as variable then remove) facing [Math Angle between position of unit and target of ability cast
- Turn collision off for last created unit
- Add last created unit to Shockwaves
- Wait 3 seconds
- Remove unit from shockwaves
- Remove unit from game

Event - Every .01 seconds
Conditions - ----
Actions - Pick all units in Shockwaves and do actions
- Set point to position of picked unit offset by 5 towards facing angle of picked unit
- Move picked unit instantly to point
- Custom script(call RemoveLocation(udg_point1)

You can move the kamehameha missile same way as shockwave missile. OR Just use actual shockwave ability and change the effects to make it a kamehameha ability.
Hope this helped
Remember to set ANY points to a variable so you can remove em and be leak free

Level 23
Ewh, people don't start a flame war now shall we? Wolfman's trigger does leak in the matter that that should be the trigger... maybe because he simply didn't use the world editor when giving the suggestions.

Level 11
Thank you Eccho. And yes it does leak i said that at the end of the post i just didnt want to waste a bunch of space and time writing all the variables and custom scripts to remove any leaks. I just wanted to give a basic idea on how this spell might be done.

Level 3
*bump*

ok... what you did is massive overkill.

first of all, dont pre-place the unit. thats most probably why it only casts once and then dies.

second, why do you use a shockwave? its so much easier (and a hell of a lot neater) to use immolation on the kamehameha unit. make your hero ability based off shockwave, but remove all effects from it. trigger the rest.

third, you should only use one trigger for the unit, and a timer if you are moving it.

fourth, never order a dummy unit to move to a point as art, especially if it still has an attack index enabled.

ill make the ability in your map, and upload it here. ill also post the code, to save you rewriting it.

Trigger 1:

• Kamehameha
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mega Kamehameha
    • Actions
      • Set KamePlayer = (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Loc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Loc2 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set KameFacing = (Angle from Loc2 to Loc)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy kame11 for KamePlayer at Loc2 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set KameUnit = (Last created unit)
      • Countdown Timer - Start KameTimer as a Repeating timer that will expire in 0.03 seconds
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Countdown Timer - Pause KameTimer
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc2)
      • Custom script: call RemoveUnit(udg_KameUnit)
      • Custom script: set udg_KamePlayer = null
      • Custom script: set udg_KameFacing = 0
Trigger 2:

• Timer
    • Events
      • Time - KameTimer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Loc3 = (Loc offset by 16.00 towards KameFacing degrees)
      • Unit - Move KameUnit instantly to Loc3
      • Set Loc = (Position of KameUnit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc3)
i kept your units the same, and made a new ability for kamehameha. its just a shockwave with a different pic and no art.

you could make the explosions at the end, but what mine does is basically move the unit through. and it works more than once (as many times as you want it to)

i think this is for the most part leakless, other than the timer. but its only one timer.

Attachments

• Kamehameha.w3x
    20.1 KB · Views: 231
Status
Not open for further replies.