• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kamehameha-like effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
Okay, so I've got a spell like Kamehameha (blasts from hand towards the targeted point)
I just wanna know HOW to change my SFX from facing upwards, to facing forward ?
You get what I mean ?
My SFX use is: Abilities\Spells\Items\AIem\AIemTarget.mdl
I want this SFX to be casted from the caster's hand and forward, not facing vertically
How to do it ?
If it uses Dummy, how to change it from facing " | " to " - "
Does it have to do with "Art - Maximum Roll Angel (degrees)" ?
Please, provide me with a test map, so I can have a solid evidence of what you guys will talk/discuss about

Level 37
Use Vexorian's dummy.mdx model, then set its animation to some index. That way it rotates.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Light
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Angle from (Position of (Triggering unit)) to (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))) degrees
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(bj_lastCreatedUnit , 0 )
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Last created unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ReviveHuman\ReviveHuman.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
Yes, it leaks.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=x38plz

Level 33
Thanks to both of you :D
However, Maker, is this Action what makes the SFX to be facing horizontally ?
  • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(bj_lastCreatedUnit , 0 )
I'll be using Garfield's trigger, but, both of your trigger does seem to work, I just like it more simple, and that is, Garfield's
Although, Maker's trigger does seem a bit "advance", maybe because of that Custom script :D

Status
Not open for further replies.