• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm a newb and can't follow the Instructions. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I have been trying to implement custom ui for additional races without overwriting the original 4 races in my maps. (we have a total of 12 playable races) The latest map is linked (we are working on a custom map but the system is in this blizz map for now). I was given what seems to be great instructions here Can I add custom UI with triggers in my current system?
It has been a month of frustration. I simply lack the understanding of triggers to make this work properly. Would anyone be able to implement this into the linked map? I can properly reference the frames at least if the triggers are there waiting for the input.

Also, we have custom sounds for the ui's as well if that is possible to implement.

Attachments

• (10)ragingstream.w3x
    52.8 MB · Views: 27
Level 6
Im very interested in knowing how this goes, but 12 races + the standard 4 seems like a lot. Ive been working on a map for a few years now and, I was able to successfully add a couple extra races but I had a problem... maybe you have solved the problem I was having???

The problem I had was that I wanted Naga to use "shallow water" similar to how blight works, so that naga buildings would spread shallow water around their buildings... but the only way that works is by replacing the standard blight texture

Were you able to successfully add Naga with the "shallow water as blight" texture? or did you just leave that feature out of your map?

Level 4
So we have a TOTAL of 12 races including the four originals (with a little editing) . Everything is working with the expansion except the custom UI's. As far as your idea for an alternate blight. I guess you could replace the blight model with a shallow water model. But I do not know how to implement that where a building makes "shallow water" instead of blight. That would have to be done via triggers and as the post says I'm far from even competent with triggers. I do know that the map editor is EXTREMELY finicky about actual water terrain. So I wouldn't mess with that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.