• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illusion Blink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
first let me say hi, i was making a rpg map and i wanted to make a custom ability that would make the hero(phantom rogue that i call it here)to blink and leave an illusion in it's place, i looked around and didn't find any way how, can anyone help me in doing this custom ability?
(i would prefer using GUI because i have don't have any experience in JASS whatsoever)

Level 12
Well, if you know how to use dummy units for abilities, you create a dummy unit and order dummy unit to cast wand of illusion on your hero.Hero ability should be based on blink.

Level 12
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 DUMMY for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Item Illusions to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrder(bj_lastCreatedUnit, 852274, GetTriggerUnit())

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
GUI is an interface to JASS that is designed to be user friendly by abstracting the syntax and text based interface away from the user but instead makes triggering a real pain and ultra slow. The reason he has to use a line of pure JASS to issue the order is because GUI does not provide access to the required native as an action. Wand of Illusion ability was only ever intended to be used as an item and for that reason it does not have an associated order string for the order ID so the order ID must be used directly to make a unit cast it.

Thank god in SC2 they actually made GUI useful and orders less of a pain.

Level 22
Rlvvmc
Cleaner version of Ceday's code. You can configure it as well, but if you don't know how, you may ask here again.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set TempPoint2 = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 DUMMY for (Triggering Player) at TempPoint facing (Angle from TempPoint to TempPoint2) degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Item Illusions to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrder(bj_lastCreatedUnit, 852274, GetTriggerUnit())
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.