• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Illusion based Hero not working on LAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So I'm trying to make a DotA with WC3 as a school project in my Digital Media II class. I've made other hero abilities with the GUI before and I figured i could try to make a 'Soulkeeper' type of hero that creates a multitude of Illusions.

Every time my friend that was willing to play test, The Abilities would just drop the dummy unit's Item, however when I tested him, they would work as intended.

This is the first ability, He basically casts it on himself (SneedyDummy is my Dummy Unit)
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mirage
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 SneedyDummy for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Add Inventory (Hero) to (Last created unit)
    • Hero - Create Mirage and give it to (Last created unit)
    • Hero - Order (Last created unit) to use (Last created item) on (Casting unit)
And then this is Ult, Broken Mirror which lets him create an illusion of an enemy
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Broken Mirror
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 SneedyDummy for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Hero - Create Broken Mirror and give it to (Last created unit)
    • Hero - Order (Last created unit) to use (Last created item) on (Target unit of ability being cast)
And Each Hero, similar to League of Legends, would have a Passive you couldn't level up, this is that ability;

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
    • ((Attacked unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to False
    • ((Attacked unit) is A structure) Equal to False
    • (Random integer number between 1 and 50) Less than or equal to 3
    • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Refracted Spectral
  • Actions
    • Hero - Create Innate and give it to (Last created unit)
    • Hero - Order (Last created unit) to use (Last created item) on (Attacked unit)
    • Item - Remove (Last created item)

I'm sorry I couldn't find any other topics with this form of help and I figured this was the best place to ask?

Level 12
TLDR: At all 3 triggers, you should create dummy unit for (Triggering Player) instead of Player 1.
If you need help fixing a trigger, its better to post it in Triggers & Scripts section.

In first trigger, change this;

to this:
  • Unit - Create 1 SneedyDummy for (Triggering Player) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

In second trigger, change this;

to this:
  • Unit - Create 1 SneedyDummy for (Triggering Player) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

In third trigger, change this:
to this:

Level 1
Oh wow, thanks. Guess this is what happens when I try to do GUI late at night. Noob mistake.

if you made a multiplayer maps you should use MUI not GUI for more efficiency and bugless spell
MPI = Multiple Player Instanceability
MUI = Multiple Unit Instanceability
GUI = Graphical User Interface
JASS = Just Another Scripting Syntax
vJASS = very Just Another Scripting Syntax

Status
Not open for further replies.