• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

If you don't send this to 20 people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I've seen loads of, in the lack of words, shit messages with the must-have words on the end:
SEND THIS TO 20 PEOPLE OR YOU WILL:
1. Die
2. Break up
3. Die and break up (In said sequence)

So, I was wondering, what is your opinion about these messages? Are people really that stupid to do loads of stuff and then press F13 three times to get infinite luck, or they do this out of pure boredom?

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Why do people avoid crakcs in the sidewalk? It's the same phenomenon. I'll let you all in on a dirty little secret;
- Stop believing that what happens in your life is down to the vagaries of luck, destiny, supernatural forces, malevolent other people, or anything else outside your self.

You'll feel much better.

Level 12
10365944.jpg

Level 34
Why do people avoid crakcs in the sidewalk? It's the same phenomenon. I'll let you all in on a dirty little secret;
- Stop believing that what happens in your life is down to the vagaries of luck, destiny, supernatural forces, malevolent other people, or anything else outside your self.

You'll feel much better.
I'd argue otherwise. "Feeling better" is probably one of the main reasons people believe things.

Feelings of pity, superiority, intelligence ect. would probably be more likely for those that dismiss everything outside of themselves.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I'd argue otherwise. "Feeling better" is probably one of the main reasons people believe things.
If things go badly I prefer the scenario where my own efforts carry more weight than a malicious curse of bad luck.

I don't like the idea of being incapable, even considering my existence as an otherwise very much unimportant and ignorant bit of carbon.

Level 7
The motive behind spreading such nonsensical junk varies from person to person, but, generally, it's either out of boredom, or just some little desire to annoy people. You can ask the same question about many idiotic commenters on YouTube, or about some of banned members here on the Hive.

By the way, if you don't send this explanation to three other people, season two of My Little Pony: FiM will be delayed. By several months. :trollface:

Level 30
Well, people do this over and over again. I once saw a guy who posted such stuff on his profile (Facebook), with same text (send to 20 people, or rats will eat you alive, you will drop your wallet and your Grandma will be struck with a Lightning Bolt) and after 5 minutes, his own comment: "Fuck this, this is not working."
Um...
retard_ugh_clap.gif

Level 30
Poor Bruce Lee, then? :grin:
Anyways, keeping this on topic: How often you get these messages? I can't toss a day over my head without at least one or two of these; I somehow manage to see them nearly everywhere. I was shocked when I saw one in comments of my "United colors of religion!".

Level 16
I've seen loads of, in the lack of words, shit messages with the must-have words on the end:
SEND THIS TO 20 PEOPLE OR YOU WILL:
1. Die
2. Break up
3. Die and break up (In said sequence)

So, I was wondering, what is your opinion about these messages? Are people really that stupid to do loads of stuff and then press F13 three times to get infinite luck, or they do this out of pure boredom?

I thought they were annoying, back in, liek, 2002.

Level 16
They still are. So, they just pumped up some working experience in getting people make idiots out of themselves.

Haha well, I didn't get one in like 3 years, while I used to receive like 20 per day. I assumed it was the same for everyone else. Besides, I think it doesn't 'work' (for what it was supposed to achieve?) anymore since people barely even use their emails nowadays, unless they want to register on any other site that requires an email account.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
Well i once got one of "Bloody Mary" how she will appear in my room the next night if i don't send the entire story to 30 people, and so I'm reading the story out of curiosity. in it, it said some girl started talking to another peculiar girl on a social network, (quote: SOCIAL NETWORK) and then they get off on a bad note and the peculiar girl (Bloody Mary) said she is going to pay the unsuspecting girl a visit some time, and so (of course -.-) she did, and apparently brutally mutilated her and dragged her remains to the sewers.....
So as i finish reading that utter verbal diarrhea, the person who forwarded it to me was like "well, i just sent it to 30 people :) and you?"
then right there, it struck me - the world is full of the most retarded, idiotic beings there will ever be in existence... honestly,,, really? a girl dragging another girl down a sewer- and nobody heard them? or they know of this, but how did they find the body? Honestly... then i was threatened that Bloody Mary would come for me TOO if i didn't send it on! /facepalm..... BTW I'm still waiting for that little bitch to come and kill me :)hahaha

Level 30
Well, I read them out of pure curiosity, too. I found it incredibly funny to read something like:
Proof: "I have sent this to 19 people instead of 20, and now I'm dead." - says Marier Ashantur.

Oh, got a new one today: send to 100 people or you will get cursed by Staraya Rhiba. Who the hell is Staraya Rhiba, and why would I care for being cursed? I will only miss if attacking someone [/wc3geek] :grin:

Or the Hiveworkshop's version: Send this to 10 people's VM, or the ponies will destroy your resources and shit on your reputation.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
People get more and more stupid every day... -.- "only two things are infinite; the universe, and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"-Albert Einstein

yeah, i just had to quote that :p where was I? oh right... people get more and more stupid every day... Some "warlock" just placed a curse on me on a social network, "MXit". He was talking some gibberish, then he said "I have cast a curse on you! you will kill your family for lord satin" and some other shit like that... So right there i immediately grasped the opportunity to troll xD I was like "oh, oh my.... I feel strange... NOOO! the curse is working! oh noez!" and he was like "FEEL the power of satin!"
Now that right there is proof of the unending idiocy -.- How is it possible to cast a "curse" on somebody if you have no direct link to them or something like that..... or better more, a curse? wtf i didn't know WoW went RL sorry, I must have rezz sickness or something :/ so yeah, apparently "warlocks" can long distant DOT you, beware :) peace

Level 16
Well i once got one of "Bloody Mary" how she will appear in my room the next night if i don't send the entire story to 30 people, and so I'm reading the story out of curiosity. in it, it said some girl started talking to another peculiar girl on a social network, (quote: SOCIAL NETWORK) and then they get off on a bad note and the peculiar girl (Bloody Mary) said she is going to pay the unsuspecting girl a visit some time, and so (of course -.-) she did, and apparently brutally mutilated her and dragged her remains to the sewers.....
So as i finish reading that utter verbal diarrhea, the person who forwarded it to me was like "well, i just sent it to 30 people :) and you?"
then right there, it struck me - the world is full of the most retarded, idiotic beings there will ever be in existence... honestly,,, really? a girl dragging another girl down a sewer- and nobody heard them? or they know of this, but how did they find the body? Honestly... then i was threatened that Bloody Mary would come for me TOO if i didn't send it on! /facepalm..... BTW I'm still waiting for that little bitch to come and kill me :)hahaha

Lmao yeah I liked when there were scary stories attached to them, my fav was when it said some dead non-exorcised girl would come to kill me and how I'd know she was there was when I'd feel my bed sheets being dragged towards my feet (the dead girl drags them down so you're cold when you die).

On an almost off-topic note, did you guys already get random scary stories, not necessarily coming with a message sending menace? I used to get weird shit, telling about some kid who got damned and fell in a coma, a picture was taken of him with some shitty realistic ghost besides (the pic was in the mail) and saying it was some kind of demonic shit that would happen to everyone seeing the ghost in the pic (cus cool kids don't see it or something lol). That or some random stories about a dude faking to be a clown statue in some houses to rape baby-sitters or something. Anyway lol, some funny stuff

_PV

_PV

Level 7
xDDD hahaha! a dude faking to be a clown statue in some houses to rape baby-sitters LOL xD
Challenge accepted :> haha, well yeah this world of ours is filled with demented shit like that :/ it's all in their minds, the second you see something out of the ordinary, what do you suspect? witchcraft.. Then your over-imaginative mind will conjure a nice demon that will raep you and as you die in your thoughts, you seem to trick your brain into thinking you have really died then before you realize it, you died :C and no, you don't get to release spirit :C

Status
Not open for further replies.