• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ideas for tank Chaos Rider hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I was thinking and I decided to remake one of my heroes, the Chaos Rider. Why? Well, this hero has no strategy defined, and with the new patch, he will lose spells. It is just another opportunity to fix a mistake.
So, I was thinking, this hero needs to be a tank hero.

I have some ideas for abilities, but I would like some opinions:
- Dark Nova: Does something that damages enemies and heals him .. dunno what yet, looking for ideas. It must affect in a special way the Undead or CO Units (good special way, CO are allied with Ud).

- Dark Lightning: already done. Emits a lightning that damage up to 7 units. The caster will receive % healing from the damaged caused by the lightning, and if a unit dies due the lightning, it returns as an Undead to serve the caster.

- Auras of darkness: mainly the hero can choose the aura he has. It is an immolation like ability. The hero can choose between a defensive aura or an offensive one ... but I still need ideas...
So far I know this: The defensive aura must be a bonus effect to allied units (special to CO or UD maybe ) and the Offensive aura must be something bad for the enemies...

- Death Persistence: channel(maybe), all units near the hero can take damage, but they will never die as long as they are affected by the spell.This will be a combo for Chaotic Rage, which will give a bonus depending on life (less HP gives stronger bonus).

So, what do you guys think?
Also, in my map the Chaos Orcs make a a very good team with Undead. To enforce this partner relation, I would like the spells of this hero affect have a special effect on Ud and CO units...
Btw, the current hero is on my project (see signature) on the Chaos Orc race =D

Last edited:
Level 4
If he has a horse or something, I'd say it's more of a speed based hero. Give him a "charge" spell that makes him sprint and damage anyone he hits, or a passive ability that increases friendlies speed and lowers the enemies speed

Level 4
well, seems quite nice, nothing that immediately seems that bad, just another idea for the
Death Persistance, It might also be done so that it makes nearby units invulnerable, but they take dps, which like disease cloud can't kill them. Not sure on how it would be better but, maybe for getting behind enemy defenses, but that would probably be op -_-
As I said nothing sticks out as an obvious failure point, so go ahead :)

I don't like making units invulnerable, the Orcs already have a hero for that. Leave the coding for me, I know how to keep an unit alive.
This ultimate would be a match for the Rage ability. Rage ability gives X% chance to cause an attack in full chaos damage. The weaker the unit is, the bigger the chance to deal Chaos damage. Now imagine an entire army, with 1 hp that simply won't die -> Chaos damage is a bitch xD

However, I need ideas for the auras, and for his first spell ... I have a Nova like spell in mind ... but I need Ideas =S

Last edited:
Level 15
Auras:
Aura of Chaotic Winds - grants the Chaos Rider and all allies within XXX range 10/20/30% magic damage and healing reduction. (defensive)
Aura of Chaotic Slaughter - each time a unit affected by the AoCS dies, he damages all other units affected by AoCS for 20/40/60% of his total health. (offensive)

Dark Nova - deals XXX damage to all enemies within 400 range and puts Twisted Powers debuff on them. Each time a unit with Twisted Powers debuff casts a spell or uses an ability, Chaos Rider is healed for 100/225/350 hp. Twisted Powers debuff lasts 10 seconds.

Tank Chaos Rider:

Level 1 Spells:
Wrath
The hero is getting wrath for x seconds for each attack he takes. After that, he will release all of his power, increasing AS and DMG.
Drains his own life in wrathform.

Power Strike
Stomps on ground, increasing his AS for every unit around by X%.

Chaos Vitality (Passive)
While being attacked, the chaos tank has X% increased hp regeneration. While being unattacked, he heals Y% more hp.
Ultimative:
Total Chaos
The Chaos Rider is collection all of his power, draining all mana and healing him instantly, growing fastly bigger, getting rage on his muscels and getting a powerful lifesteal attack the next x attacks. Can not be casted by less then y mana.​

Tank Chaos Rider:

Level 1 Spells:
Wrath
The hero is getting wrath for x seconds for each attack he takes. After that, he will release all of his power, increasing AS and DMG of all nearby ally units, while its based on the amount of attacks he took. Max stack is y.

Power Strike
Stomps on ground, increasing his AS for every unit around by X%.

Chaos Vitality (Passive)
While getting attacked by an enemy unit, the magic looks forward seeing an ally. If there is any ally unit in range, he will
decrease the damage and refocus x% of the dmg to the ally unit.
Ultimative:
Total Chaos
The Chaos Rider is collection all of his power, making a big stomp, increasing all allied units AS by x% and add a timed burn ability, which deals DamageOverTime dmg to enemy attackers.

Tank Chaos Rider:

Level 1 Spells:
Wrath
The hero is getting wrath for x seconds for each attack he takes. After that, he will release all of his power, increasing AS and DMG of all nearby ally units, while its based on the amount of attacks he took. Gives 150% bonus to CO and UD units. Max stack is y.

Power Strike
Stomps on ground, increasing his AS for every unit around by X%,
UD and CO units increase it by Y%.

Chaos Vitality (Passive)
While getting attacked by an enemy unit, the magic looks forward seeing an ally. If there is any ally unit in range, he will
decrease the damage and refocus x% of the dmg to the ally unit. If the
next unit is an UD or CO unit, that damage would be reduced again x%.

Ultimative:
Total Chaos
The Chaos Rider is collection all of his power, making a big stomp, increasing all allied units AS by x% and armor by y%, also adds a timed burn ability to all UD and CO units, which deals DamageOverTime dmg to enemy attackers.

Last edited:
Level 6
Deathly Refusal: while under the effect of this ability, the Chaos Rider cannot go below 1 hp. however, he takes damage equal to 5% of his total HP every second.

Channel Pain: deals 50 damage to all units within 100, including friendly units and the Chaos Rider. Then deal damage to target unit equal to total damage dealt.

Drain Despair: for each unit inside 200, increases the Chaos Rider's str and AS byt 1% for each 5% that the unit is below max health(did that make sense?).

I have some ideas for abilities, but I would like some opinions:
- Dark Nova: Does something that damages enemies and heals him .. dunno what yet, looking for ideas. It must affect in a special way the Undead or CO Units (good special way, CO are allied with Ud).

- Dark Lightning: already done. Emits a lightning that damage up to 7 units. The caster will receive % healing from the damaged caused by the lightning, and if a unit dies due the lightning, it returns as an Undead to serve the caster.

- Auras of darkness: mainly the hero can choose the aura he has. It is an immolation like ability. The hero can choose between a defensive aura or an offensive one ... but I still need ideas...
So far I know this: The defensive aura must be a bonus effect to allied units (special to CO or UD maybe ) and the Offensive aura must be something bad for the enemies...

- Death Persistence: channel(maybe), all units near the hero can take damage, but they will never die as long as they are affected by the spell.This will be a combo for Chaotic Rage, which will give a bonus depending on life (less HP gives stronger bonus).

So, what do you guys think?
Also, in my map the Chaos Orcs make a a very good team with Undead. To enforce this partner relation, I would like the spells of this hero affect have a special effect on Ud and CO units...
Btw, the current hero is on my project (see signature) on the Chaos Orc race =D
Here you go pal.

Level 6
Death nova: X damage to everything within Y, heals CR for total damage dealt.

Death Persistence: channeled: all unit near chaos rider, excluding himself, is unable to die, but can still take damage. in addition, the chaos rider heals all damage dealt to them. at the end of ability, he takes all the damage he healed while under the effect.

Death nova: X damage to everything within Y, heals CR for total damage dealt.
I really like this idea ... It would be awesome with some Ud or CO special effect... I know, It will heal 2x if it damages CO or UD !! nice suggestions!
Death Persistence: channeled: all unit near chaos rider, excluding himself, is unable to die, but can still take damage. in addition, the chaos rider heals all damage dealt to them. at the end of ability, he takes all the damage he healed while under the effect.
This would be far to unbalanced for a melee game. Some people think this ultimate will be weak ... but I assure you it will be a pain in the ass. The idea is to make it a combo with Chaotic Rage. Chaotic Rage gives 1% chance to make an attack in Chaos damage per each 2% of hp missing. Meaning a unit with 1hp has 49% to deal a chaos damage attack. Normal a unit with 1hp is not a unit .. it is a dead unit .. but with this spell ... you get the point xD

Status
Not open for further replies.