• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ideas for next texturing competitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

You'll have to wait for camel or END to host it.

But whoever hosts it can't join in.

I vote a big NO on the UI competition, Its a very complicated thing to make and you wouldn't have much of a turn out. Probably the only people joining would be people that have done it before, and thats not many. Besides, this is a thread for the next texturing competition, not the next UI competition. You may consider them to be the same thing, but I do not. They involve many of the same aspects but I believe that a texturing competition and thread is about making skins for units, and a UI competition and thread is about making UI related things. So I think we should stick to skins in this thread/contest.

Level 5
what about a competition where we chose between the following: either skin any unit (or building) to look like a unit from the icecrown/northrend tileset (like THE_ENDs naga conversions from long ago) or skin a unit (or building if any) from the icecrown/northrend tileset into something else.

or just one of those.

i also like the deathknight idea although it kinda goes into my idea as well...

Level 14
What does it actually take to get it started? What kind of work is involved? If you need help getting example images or something I could help. I want to get it started. I've always liked breezing through the texturing contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.