• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #13 (ideas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I agree with Dio. We should try to make textures for Black Stan's models.

Other than that, we could pair with the Terraining Contest and texture mythological things ;p.

We could also convert a texture into a monster for a dungeon like map like... Convert the headhunter into a creepy armored guy clad in armor and with dark red eyes and blood, etc.

Just some ideas, but I'm looking forward to my first texture competition, whatever the theme may be... :D. (We could also pirate-fy some units? xD)

Level 34
Pretty sure DH has been done.
What about a theme, and not just everyone doing the same model?

have we done Holy?
Shadow
Blood
Forest/Nature
Mud
Rock
Evil
Good
Warrior
Paladin
Orc
Undead
NightElf
Human
Neutral
Metal
Disgusting
Horror
Flesh
Guardian
Ancient
Titan
Naga
Blade
SomethingHunter
Beastly
Range unit Melee unit Switch (texture a range unit to look melee vice versa)
Friendly
Bosses
monsters
aliens
Modern
Prehistoric
futuristic
furry?
Chaos
Spirit
Vengeance
Bug
Corruption
animated texture?
unit -> hero
hero -> unit
mutated
infected
skeleton

Level 3
I think not! I've seen quite a few of those retarded and crappy Assassinate the President Map! It'd also be useful for SWAT like games, protect the president, senator, etc!

It'd be a tad funny to look at and might get some laughs.

I suppose we could try to convert some skins to another race like... Convert some units into Blood Elves? Convert some units to make another race? etc. [Like we choose one race that lacks units and convert certain models/textures to that race]

Or... We could try an alien like theme and convert some textures into 4 eyed aliens of dewm?

Another theme could be convert a unit for a cinematic to make them look nicer, cooler, etc. A revamped something or total remake a texture for an entirely new role :eek:.

[fail=Me]
I guess I'm sort of not-creative at the moment.
[/fail]

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Unless the contest rules say the final entry has to be 512x512 :p
If you scale the model up to about 3 or 4 in worldedit, the ingame detail loss from high-res would be negligible and you'd be able to add more lighting effects, details, crags and whatnot. Obviously it'd be useless for multiplayer maps, though.

Level 36
Unless the contest rules say the final entry has to be 512x512 :p
If you scale the model up to about 3 or 4 in worldedit, the ingame detail loss from high-res would be negligible and you'd be able to add more lighting effects, details, crags and whatnot. Obviously it'd be useless for multiplayer maps, though.

Even if it was 512x512, I believe it gets shrunk in-game.

Furthermore if you size a model up to 4x or even 2x, its low-poly-ness gets really ugly.

Even if it was 512x512, I believe it gets shrunk in-game.

Nah, you'd still get the nice textures ingame. Only problem is that you have to be close to the model in order to get it at that resolution. Get too far away and then WC3 just starts mipmapping it, which lowers its quality a lot.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Didn't sound look like sarcasm...

Well, I began to look at them after posting, and realized they were from before the contest, and it seems this was the "idea" thread for this contest. That, or everyone is making a farce of me. The latter seems more likely. :p

--EDIT--
Ahhhh... Seems I did a minor necropost, and thought there were 2 separate threads set up for "next texturing contest" (which there were, this one just wasn't old enough)...

>_<

Status
Not open for further replies.