• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Idea/Request] WarIjava

Do you want this to happen

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • What is warcraft one

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
War I java (or warcraft one for java) would be a copy of warcraft one w/ updates that would use java or flash to let you play classic warcraft one on java
i think this would be a good idea because
  • this site (or one of mine) could the fun of warcraft one online as a hive workshop game:grin:
  • it would upade the first game with new multilayer fretures and add new commands:thumbs_up:
  • it would have better graphics:infl_thumbs_up:
I would do this myself but i suck at java and BB cant do what i want with this project and yes i think i put in the wrong spot I'm not sure so please don't move it (if you can)
So do you want to help:confused:

get the game here:infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 15
well, i was thinking that may we could base it of or another Java Rts or use a different language to do it (like flash c c# j# c++ VBc VBc++) we still need to try because the poll i'm running has 4:4 votes yes so we need to try:infl_thumbs_up:

Update By Arten-sule: i found some code we might be able to use password is :team1

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
THW is not that stupid to approve this, blizzard will really get pissed with us if we do and might order us to shut down since that is what happened to many other attempts in the past. Also JAVA is not the most efficent of languages so it would most lighly have to be C or C++ since both thoes allow for ultra speed. Although it would be possiable in JAVA, I think the requirements would be about 3 - 5 times higher than the orignal for the same.

Untill you can prove to us that you have legal permision to develop such a project and have blizzards own permision slip that says it is ok to develop a game like their orignal game Warcraft 1 then no one will take this on as long as they are sane.

I might be able to help you if you can prove that you have permission to make this.

Level 15
Ok by Blizzard putting this game in to the Abandown ware stage it becomes freeweare and it enter public domain. as long as we drop everting and make new graphics source code ect... we are in the clear

its licencing people :infl_thumbs_up:
and i thought i said we oculd use outher languages
also we might just right a ipx emuglater and use the oirgnal game
the emuglater will be harder but if you guys want to go the safe way fine

or we just make our own rts no leagel porbloms there
ALL rts games are like warcraft starcraft etc we can make a rts and make it the way we want i bet at least once someone wanted to change warcraft so why not we make it the way we want a big game for the hive make by the hole. i might not be the best programer but i know how to do some stuff that is helpful with making rts games map formats

Update from hell: we cant make the clone of warcraft 1. but the b.net admin wo told me this said that we could and shuld make a rts game of our own.

So to do it we need a
  • Programer Lead - Dr Super Good
  • File type designer - Deskklada (file type designer is the person who make the coding of the file maby not like .*** but is to lay out the what the data is handled in the file and how its set up )
  • Art People - (none yet)
  • Sound people - (still none yet)
  • Stoy bord people -(also none yet)
* Dr Super Good and anyone els who wants to help poast in this thred your name and position 3 story bord people max (unless a mod or a admin wnats to do it then i'll make an exseption to my own rules)

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well if you want your WC1 game to become popular, a GUI lift is vital since their old clunky one can not stand up to WC3's or other modern RTS.

And since it is so old, you should atleast be able to get 30 players in a game, with a epic sized map that matches supreme commander. Also the pop limate can be removed or atleast upped MASSIVLY since the main reason a pop limate is in a game is to stop it being too demanding, but since the game is not very demanding there is no real need and also it attracts people since everyone loves epic fights. The main trouble I see is that since the graphics can not be changed, it will look highly outdated on a 1280*1024 screen or higher like most people have, or al lthe visuals will be tiny on a HD display. To get around that probably a zoom function would have to be made simlar to that of supreme commanders, but since you are dealing with 2D sprites it should be easy to make and not very demanding, even with 1000s of objects on screen.

Level 15
ok i'm tainkg that as a yes for helping this porject now they seid CANT MAKE IT
but that donsent stop us form making a different multilayer rts
in any language (programibng) we want so lets give that a try blizzard cant shut us down for that i'm going to pm some of the art people to help us and i'll tackle sound later. consept i have no clue but at leat whell have a engen to use. File type for maps and saves i'll get working on.
so lets do this ,EXCESLOR (you wont get it if you didn't see who wnats to be a superhreo)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You can not start a project so unorganized, you have to get a team, make the ideas and program for them not freelance the different parts and try to join them together. You also have to decide with your team what programming language and structures you will use, otherwise incompatibility might occure.

Are you awair how big of a project a RTS game is, if it was easy everyone would make one. Most of this kind of project fail.

You are basically going about making a program (game) totaly incorrectly in such a way that your chances of suceding are even lower than normal. I might not know a lot about programming, hell I can hardly make a program currently (I can still program with a bit of research) but I know enough to say that you will not do well if you coninue doing it the way you currently are.

Firstly, make an idea of how the game will basicly work, any way you wish, you could also ask others for ideas, this is NOT any programming but just a description.

Then you have stuff to attract and recruit people with, you will get a lot more workers like this. With actuall people working for the project, you will attract a lot more interest.

After that comes the more crusial stage, this is when you actually talk about how to do everthing, and what you will you and how.

Then comes the programming stage, how you tackle this is up to you.

After that even a fool can not go wrong.

Well I wish you good luck. I might help if the project had more detail on what was required.

Status
Not open for further replies.