• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idea Generator looking for work =))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
If you need a storyline, hero concept/skill concepts, or any other kind of ideas, I'm at your service =)))

PS: I prefer working with fantasy/medieval settings =)))

Level 7
"PS: I prefer medieval settings =)))"
How about a little feature?

Well... can you write some abilities for class "Psionic"
He already have:
Charge - high damage at melee range.
Mana shield - use mind energy to absorb damage
Psionic Bomb - knockback and damage nearby enemies in some aoe
Weakness Aura - psionic manipulates with poisons in his suit (in my map they have nano-suits) and release that poison to air, reduce nearby enemy armor
Psionic Beast - call two psionic wolfes

I need also some skills for him :)

PS: Psionic attack animation have model of poison...

Just marine with another skin;)

You can download my map, if want know more!

Level 15
Pyrokinetic Wave - for each source of fire damage (dots, explosions, whatever) in 700 radius, deals XXX damage to each enemy in the same radius. It's more about timing, to catch a moment someone hurls a bomb for example

Suppression - the psionic affects the minds and bodies of his enemies with a surge of mental energy. All non-mechanical enemies in 400 range are slowed down by 50%. Any stunned enemies become stunned for additional XX seconds. Also, deals X damage per second to all enemies in the area of effect. Each 5 seconds the damage doubles. Drains XX (alot) mana per second. Channeled.

Psi-Barrier - the Psionic concentrates all his powers to protect himself. he becomes invulnerable and all enemies in 300 radius become silenced and unable to attack. channeled.

Poison Rage - the Psionic unleashes all poisons stored in his suit, dealing XXX damage to nearby enemies. reducing their attack damage by 10% for 10 seconds. and dealing XX additional damage each second for 10 seconds.

Domination - surronds the target with a vortex of mental energy, making target unable to attack, silencing it, reducing movement speed by 90% but rendering target completely invulnerable. Lasts 10 seconds. After 10 seconds the concentration of mental energy becomes too high and the target becomes directly controlled by the Psionic (if its a unit) or stunned for XX seconds (if its a hero). The spell itself is channeled, the mind control is not.

will think of more a bit later =)

Last edited:
Level 8
Ideas

Hi there!
I am creating an ORPG at the moment. (Dungeon Gods ORPG)
I still need some ideas for things like spells etc.
I also need some more Professions and ideas for bossfights, so they musn´t be so boring like "just stand there and do damage and get healed" ^^ Maybe you´ve some more ideas, visit my thread "Dungeon Gods ORPG"
Thanks

(I answered at my profile)

Last edited:
Level 8
Hey Trillium :) How are you doing? (if you need work, i posted at my profile again^^)

Level 8
I hope you will also find some more RPG ideas, i just added the trigger to my villagers, to make them wear Torches at night^^

Level 15
maybe make your vllagers 'say' random things (with floating text), like those ppl in Strat past in WotLK

Level 8
I did it, but i couldn´t make them random :/ (how to?)
They also tell things like "There is a treasure" but there are just dangerous things^^
But good idea yes.

Level 15
it should be smth like

If, Then, Else
If (Random Number form 1 to 5) equal to 1, then (Create floating text... blah blah blah...

Level 15
a bit more info plz? is he ranged or melee at least =))

but for now:
Magnetic Ward - has a 10% chance to redirect any ranged attack from nearby ally to the soldier

Level 15
if that's for a hero, just adjust the numbers

Tactical Fire - increases armour by 1 for each 2 second of shooting. stacking. moving resets the stack to zero.

Smart Armour - increases armour by 0.1 and reduces spell damage taken by 1% for each 1% of hp missing. Reduces damage dealt by 1% for each 1% of hp missing.
"Flavour text": The armour suit redirects its resources to survival needs, based on Soldier's state of health.

Active Defense - has a 10% chance to block an incoming harmful spell or counter any hostile spell cast in 500 radius.

Cauterise - heals the Soldier for (Armour*10) hp each time Soldier is hit by a fire-based attack or spell.

Level 7
Thx you, First Two Ablities very good ideas.

I will try make them.

Active Defense don't need. He already have spell immune ability.

Cauterise - I was done same skill, but was to unbalanced and maked just heal with 1 x Str overtime. xd

Level 8
You got da green gem omfg! I want it to... oh well.

I allready have you on my project, but i need some ideas for something else:

The thing is that i need scary/creepy/horror events, something that would shock a player, or ideas for some terrain that looks creepy.

I allready got these: Some spiders jumping/flying from wall to wall (Scary! uuuh!) and a mask of the dead like buff thing that flies around :p

If you could help it would be awesome, i suppose you know alot of horror =DDD (Wannabe ur smiley =DDD)

Level 15
waves of bats, flying through the coridors, damaging the living in their path. it should be a giant black swarm. bat shriecks and human screams are the point =)

a swarm of tiny black spiders rushing through the coridors. a great number of those twitching legs, crawling all over the place is... ewwww... well, i hope you get it =))

almost transparent figures of people wandering in empty room, vanishing when someone approaches

heartwrenching women/children screams, like in naxxramas ("Help me! SAVE ME!!!!)

event: light dies out for a couple seconds, when it is on again, the room is full of ghosts or corpses or blood spatter. after a couple of seconds the light dies out again and after another couple of seconds the light is on again, but there is no blood/corpses/ghosts...

whispers and voices, sometimes barely heard, sometimes very clear, speaking of death and such (smth like:
"Give in to your fear... "
"Your heart will explode."
"Kill them all... before they kill you... "
"It WAS your fault... "
"You will be alone in the end. "
"There is no escape... not in this life... not in the next... "
"They are coming for you... "
"Death is close. "
"You are already dead."
"You are weak."
"You will betray your friends."
"You will die."
"Your courage will fail."
some (most) of these can be found in WoW sound files =))) special thanx to Mr. C'Thun and Mr. Yogg-Saron =)

Level 6
also, special thanks to the scientifically proven fact that music influences the sate of mind(in other words, use scary music).

(i was just reading here for no reason at all, and thought i'd add that)

Level 25
Level 15
some abilities for Ice Giant:

Breath of North - channeled. deals XXX damage per second to all enemies in slows them by 25% each second. If targe is slowed by 100%, it will turn into solid ice for 3 seconds.
If unit dies while frozen solid, he will explode into a barrage of ice shards, dealing XX damage to all nearby allies.

Glacial Ripple (Ultimate) - deals XXX damage to all enemies in 500 radius and slows them by 25% for 3 seconds. Deals 200% damage to frozen solid targets.

Will think on lore for you heroes

Level 9
i see you are interested in medieval/fantasy specially, but i`ll try my luck.

I`m making a map of modern warfare type.
Every player will control a sniper/solider/etc tanks, cars, etc.

What i need is a reason to SPAM as much enemy soliders as i can. A storyline or something i need.
However, i want to somehow keep the gameplay realistic.

Level 9
actually, no. That`s the problem. I will edit the post and add some screens to show you how the terrian will look like. This will help you.

EDIT: Here are some screenshots. However, what you see in the screenshots, are not at all all the custom units, models, etc.
I am way to lazy to remove the "borders" so i`ll upload them exactly how they are.
1.PNG

2.PNG

4.PNG

3.PNG

6.PNG

5.PNG

7.PNG

What i know for sure is that you should give me an ideea for a quest in what one pof the players will have to stole and drive a tank. Another quest in wich one player will have to find a guy for some informations. That`s all i got.

Last edited:
Level 15
my apologies for the delay =)

okey, maybe kind of this:
In some small fictional country terrorrists have captured/imprisoned the government and now use the country's resources to make a nuclear bomb or smth. a squad of soldiers is sent to infiltrate the capital and destroy the terrorrists.
terrorrists are many, they feel rather safe in the country, so when they heard a rumor about enemies infiltrating the capital, they sent a whole lot of patrols/reinforcements to the streets. i mean a BIG lot. so you can spam soldiers as much as you want.

saving the imprisoned president and his ministers before they are executed could be a nice side quest-line.

tank quest - you must capture a tank and destroy the fortified terrorrist outpost, which guards the capital's center

speak with guy quest - one of the terrorrists is a coward and he hopes to sell the players some valuable information (access codes to some guarded area or a location of bomb-making laboratory or smth, and then runs away. you may even add an excort follow-up, 'cos if terrorrists catch him while he escapes, he will tell them what info he sold ya and they will bring more guards to the lab/change access codes.

Level 9
the ideea is good, but there are some problems.

"In some small fictional country terrorrists have" - i'm not sure that the terrorists have lots of tanks, jeeps, military vehicles.

"have captured/imprisoned the government" it's not quite good, because the terrian represents a small city, with not-so-much population.

"infiltrate the capital" - same thing. It's just a small, unimportant city.

I'll give you rep and if you would like to modify a little bit the story-line would be great.
Thanks anyway.

Level 15
okay, it was a small town with a secret governmental laboratory in it (it is logical to hide a laboratory in a small, unimportant town)
forget the captured government =)
or they may have captured the president in some other place and brought him here to hold him hostage

as for armies/jeeps/tanks - according to the mythos CIA storyboarders write 'bout Al'quaeda and such, they may have whatever amount of men and war machines you can imagine =DDD
i just don't want to touch RL politics, but if ya want, you can make the town located in North Korea, for example. stopping northern koreans from making (another) nuclear bomb is a worthy task =))))

infiltrate the capital - infiltrate the small town =))

Status
Not open for further replies.