• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idea: A slight extention from the original WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
In WC3:WoW the mod is single player but with some smarter AI compared to original WC3 standards to try and make it seem that there are quite a few adventurers. However not everything can be exactly replicated but perhaps being single player there might be some room to extend some small elements.

What I am proposing is using cut scenes, something that has only appeared recently in WoW:WotLK unless you also consider the opening a cut scene. This most likely hasnt been done in WoW due to other people running around like lunatics and who gets to see them and when. But in a single player version most of these problems don't exist so there is some room to extend.

But I'm not saying to put a cutscene for every 10 quests or anything, just some key moments in WoW's story. I believe this will pull players into the story and lore elements more. Using cut scenes after you beat a boss (for example Onyxia) or other story based moments (such as a camera tour of Wailing Caverns while the druid explains what happened to the other druid, and lay out the main objective).

I hope you consider this idea, I think you can keep the WoW core intact and get away with this if you use it in the right places. Good luck with your current work and hope to see an open beta: Soon™

Level 25
I like the cinematic idea. Would definitely make killing a major boss such as Onyxia more epic and enjoyable. Although we're no where near making those kind of bosses and areas, we may try to explore this idea. But first, of course as always, bigger matters are at hand such as improving AI even more and implementing newer features/systems to enhance the gameplay and gaming experience in Wc3:WoW.

Level 25
I do want to do that, but the only problem is that we cannot pan the camera through all the areas of the noob zone due to the fact that the noob zones such as Durotar are broken up into several maps, meaning there'd be a lot to load through between the cinematic. Something a lot of people don't want to deal with everytime they create a new character. We might make the cinematic flow through the area you spawn in (Such as Valley of Trials) or your race's main city... but we'll see. As usual, there are more important matters to be dealt with.

Level 25
Some are smaller than 256x256, but once I get through with them, they'll nearly be 480x480! The voice will be used though, don't worry. But that's if we even do the introduction cinematics! Heh. Don't worry, we'll add them. The question is a simple matter of how and where we do it. It is impossible to do it in all areas with minimal loadings.

Level 8
I think that this is a very playable thing with wow, why, cause blizz couldn't do it right in prebc..

Like the cinematics when you made a character were lame told you basically nothing, and added a bit of lag time to creating a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.