• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

a preasent for the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hey i was bored and rememberd the beta didnt have charge as a skill for warriors, SO i whiped one up in about 5 minutes, its a trigger based skill and seems to work flawlessly (i kept the design VERY simple and i guess it payed off) i guess the speed of the charge could be faster but it was fast enough for me. Not to sound up my self but i have to say that out of all the wow maps ive played so far mine is the most wow like because it doesnt involve the unit just teleporting to the enemy, he atually goes and attacks it... right now its a totaly time based skill but just say the word and in another five minutes i will make it so he only loses his speed when he hits the enemy.

would love some feed back on my work, oh and by the way any body who wants to use this skill can use it just credit where you need to :p didnt put any animations in... though it would be pretty hard unless i created an entirely new dummy skill to add the animations but meh it doesnt really need i, it looks alright... though some ribbons would make it wow like.

as i said would LOVE feedback!:D :p

p.s i didnt put in the rage system coz i cbf figuring out how to make it work but if you want i can do that co because i realised warriors dont have that either in the demo... also rogues dont have energy which is VERY easy to do but both systems would require you to get rid of the option of +int for rogues and warriors and setting their int to 1... u could even do this 4 druid shapeshift if u some how saved the variable of the druids mana and switched their mana to one OR added a debuff which just decreases their mana to 1... heres a map which has a very nice system for wow classes well its not perfect but its pretty good so check it out http://www.epicwar.com/maps/3616 it shows you some stuff you can do :p but my charge skill is better ^^ any way enough from me, u probably want to try my skill now :p.

p.s.s on reflection wow has a minimum range for charge to prevent people using it as a stun move at close quarters... if you want i could figure out how to do this, just say the word :p.

Attachments

• Charge.w3x
    18.5 KB · Views: 71
Level 4
i played shadows version and im sure mine is more wow like, after school i will trigger it so he only loses speed when he hits an enemy and so if the guy is inside a minimum range it wont work k :)

sorry 4 double posting but heres the story, i revamped the skill so now the player only gains the speed buff if hes some distance away and as soon as he attacks he loses the buff and the unit getting charged loses his stun(not done on time so it works for all distances of the charge) and ive made it so if a player pulls out of the charge he loses the speed buff meaning they cant just use it as a quick escape. HOWEVER, i havent been able to think of a way to make it so only the attacking unit can unstun him... this could probably be done with variables but this was a 5 min project and i cant be screwed doing stuff like that and i havent been able to think of a way to make it so that if the unit charges and pulls out the stun is canceled. IF i could find a way to solve these two problems then it would be as wowlike as you can possibly make it in this game, that is unless you wanted to go completely overboard and make it so it checks like every .1 of a second to make sure the unit cant bail out of a charge (that would eliminate the bail out stun problem but i think you would agree that would slow down the game (lag wise) alot!) :p hope you use it, ENJOY!

p.s added some animations :p

[HT]Don't doublepost, use EDIT instead[/HT]

Attachments

• Charge.w3x
    19.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
ehm, if the unit has a collision you rly need to turn it off when using the ability, thats how it is in Wow.. Dont remember if that will make it run through building/tree pathing though :S

Level 4
that made absolutely no sense to me, are you saying you think i should trya and do this skill without using triggers (impossible) OR are you saying that i should do one of the things which ive already said i cant think of any way to solve, if you know how you could solve either problem then by all means add it in

Status
Not open for further replies.