• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

id like to install linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello,

I had the idea to install ubuntu linux. I just wanted to know how to back-up windows (i know i can install ubuntu on windows). I dont remember where I put my back-up CD

can I back it up in my external hard-disk? is it possible to use the hard disk to install ubunto and still have the windows back-up?

because last time i installed linux it took over the system restoring from windows.
or what should I otherwise do?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Put it on another partition so your windows installation won't be affected.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

You can shrink the Windows partition.

Level 16
Put it on another partition so your windows installation won't be affected.
Im pretty sure i can do that. However, last time i didit i couldnt use system restore from windows.

Thats why im asking

Also, is it possble to save ubuntu and windows both in my external hard disk to from it when necsarry? Or they have to be in separate hard disk

Level 15
Save yourself some trouble by just installing it on a virtual machine VM/VBox instead. I wouldn't recomend anything else unless you are quiting your other OS completlely.

I know I'm late to this thread, but this is a response to anyone else who is considering installing linux and keeping windows at the same time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.