• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I've noticed people are exporting/extracting icons from WC3 and changing them to say, a passive, or an attatck-type icon... I was wondering, how can I export/extract the icons?

+REP will be given to whoever helps me.

Thanks,
-Arkon Kaos (A.K.A Vital_Sin)

Level 7
You can extract icons with other programs such as Warcraft 3 Viewer, and add borders (like passive auto cast etc) with WIR3.

Level 16
When you open WC3Viewer it will start a 'Treeview' window as well (If not, click the third button from the left). In that menu you will see MDX and MDL. MDX are all the models in the game and MDL are all the textures (skins, icons, etc.). From this menu you can browse to your desired icon (BLP -> ReplaceableTextures/CommandButtons or /PassiveButtons if thats what you want). You can click it to preview it and if you want to export it just right click -> Extract and you can save it as .bmp/.blp/.tga/.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.