• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Camera Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
When using a trigger like this one:

• Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to Angry Huntress 0148 <gen>, offset by (200.00, -320.00) using Default rotation
How do you unlock the camera? I tried this one:

• Camera - Reset camera for (Triggering player) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
But it didn't do anything.

+REP to whoever helps with this. I hope I have this in the right forum, it's not really malfunctioning, so I'm assuming it goes here, as I need help creating a trigger, not fixing one.

Thanks,
-Arkon Kaos (A.K.A. Vital_Sin)

Level 14
Here is the entire trigger, along with the second trigger.

• TempRegion2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters TempRegion 2 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to Angry Huntress 0148 <gen>, offset by (200.00, -320.00) using Default rotation
      • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 10.00 seconds the text: |cffffcc00Angry Hun...
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Position of (Triggering unit)), facing (Position of Angry Huntress 0148 <gen>)
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 3.00 seconds the text: |cffffcc00[You look...
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Angry Huntress 0148 <gen> to Attack Once (Triggering unit)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 100.00%
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 2.00 seconds the text: |cffffcc00[The arch...
      • Wait 3.30 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 3.00 seconds the text: |cffffcc00[You take...
      • Wait 4.30 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for (Triggering player) to standard game-view over 0.01 seconds
      • Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of TempRegion 4 <gen>)

• TempRegion2 XXPA
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters TempRegion 4 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Reset camera for (Triggering player) to standard game-view over 0.01 seconds

Level 3
  • TempRegion2
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit enters TempRegion 2 <gen>
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 10.00 seconds the text: |cffffcc00Angry Hun...
  • Wait 2.00 seconds
  • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Position of (Triggering unit)), facing (Position of Angry Huntress 0148 <gen>)
  • Wait 4.00 seconds
  • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 3.00 seconds the text: |cffffcc00[You look...
  • Wait 4.00 seconds
  • Unit - Order Angry Huntress 0148 <gen> to Attack Once (Triggering unit)
  • Wait 1.00 seconds
  • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 100.00%
  • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 2.00 seconds the text: |cffffcc00[The arch...
  • Wait 3.30 seconds
  • Game - Display to (All players) for 3.00 seconds the text: |cffffcc00[You take...
  • Wait 4.30 seconds
  • Camera - (I think this one is evil) Lock camera target for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of TempRegion 4 <gen>)
Why do you lock the camera again after resetting it?

Level 14
That trigger is supposed to be there. Instead of actually moving the unit instantly, it turns the unit, and then pauses it again.

EDIT: Okay, I just tried getting rid of those triggers, and it didn't do anything to unlock the camera.

EDIT2: Okay, I checked all my triggers... For the reset camera action, instead of reseting the camera for the owner of the trigger unit, it is set to reset for the triggering player. :grin:

Thanks anyways.

Last edited:
Level 9
  • TempRegion2 XXPA
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters TempRegion 4 <gen>
  • Conditions
  • Actions
U need to use owner of triggering unit, a unit is not a player so that event does not work with triggering player

Level 9
So you mean u tried
  • Camera - Reset camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
?? I dont understand if you have done that yet in the above comments

OR (edit):
That trigger is supposed to be there. Instead of actually moving the unit instantly, it turns the unit, and then pauses it again.

EDIT: Okay, I just tried getting rid of those triggers, and it didn't do anything to unlock the camera.

EDIT2: Okay, I checked all my triggers... For the reset camera action, instead of reseting the camera for the owner of the trigger unit, it is set to reset for the triggering player. :grin:

Thanks anyways.
That means u found it? ^^?

Status
Not open for further replies.