• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

icon request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey.

a friend of mine and i have been intensively working on a whole new footmen vs grunts map, we're completely rebuilding it from the ground up for about a month now. him and i are taking up different parts of the project and I opted to take charge in models and icons. Right now im at the point of a system to pick every unit belonging to a certain player, selecting all that players units and sending commands. I'd like some custom icons cause the default blizzard icons just aren't cutting it. Ive been looking through a few sites icon resources, unfortunately none have quite fulfilled my desire....

i don't have anything to base what the icons should look life other then abrief description of what im looking for. one idea i did like was using the regular black background with the red arrow command button ordering a unit to attack ground. found on most siege type units like mortars catapults, meat wagons, etc....

Mass send -
picks every unit and sends all picked units to a pre designated spot to attack

Mass retreat -
Picks all units and sends all units back to a pre designated spot.

Mass Defend -
Picks all units and sends them a pre designated spot to defend that teams main base

Mass air -
Same as mass send just sends all air units

Mass ground -
See above (picks ground units)

Mass hold -
Selects all units and orders them to hold position

Mass low mana retreat -
Selects all units with low mana and orders them to retreat to a pre designated spot to refresh their mana pool

Mass low health retreat -
Same as above just selects units with low health

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. anyone up to the task will be giving rep.

Level 4
sure that would be pretty helpful. although im not exactly sure how that would work. were still a little ways from an actual beta. were RL friends so it makes it pretty easy for us to test together. but yea if you are interested let me know

Level 4
well i was going to leave that up to the designer, really. I don't really excel at many things in world editing. i have a small amount of knowledge in most of the things. artistic stuff like icon/loading screen/map previews i fail horribly at. i had a idea though for like the mass air, mass ground attacks and like the low health and low mana would just be exactly the same as the mass attack icon. the only difference would be, say your mass attack icon was just a arrow or w/e. have it red but half full or 33% red. same for the mana but blue.. =P also it be like a potion bottle in the shape of a arrow so it gets the neat glossy color of a glass bottle. i dunno about concept art but thats all i can really describe for a concept idea.

Level 4
ya i can think of the stuff. my hand and eyes just dont have great correlation with my artistic part of my brain...

Level 11
~~I feel ya--

here are three WIP(?) of the mass air send, mass retreat, and mass send

They are like 70% quality .jpgs ,they are a lot better as blps and tgas (that is their max size)

Attachments

• massairsned.tga.jpg
    massairsned.tga.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 58
  • massretrete.tga.jpg
    massretrete.tga.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 52
  • masssend.tga.jpg
    masssend.tga.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.