• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ice Rock Axe

Here's the next piece of my Ice Rock Equipment set. I know this one is pretty simple, but it has enough detail for in-game, considering that it won't be viewed very closely in a unit's hand. I'm happy with the amount of detail I managed to pack into less than 5 kb, with an even smaller imported file-size. The armor and shield were very detailed, with pretty high file sizes, so I figured I'd make the axe a bit smaller, so that the overall pack will still be a reasonable file size.

Anyway, enjoy. As always, edit, but credit.

Keywords:
ice, rock, crystal, cold, frost, axe, weapon, attachment, sharp, cleave
Contents

Ice Rock Axe (Model)

Assets
Reviews
22:36, 18th Oct 2012 Kwaliti: Another awesome set piece.

M

22:36, 18th Oct 2012
Kwaliti:

Another awesome set piece.

Level 5
How about some shiny textures animation to show how sharp an ice axe can be?

How about some shiny textures animation to show how sharp an ice axe can be?

How many times do I have to say -- There's no point in animating texture on ice.

I'm starting to think you're confusing texture animation with geoset animation/particle emitters.

Also, there's no point in so significantly increasing the file size for something that wouldn't make it look any better in-game. It's 4.9 kb, and texture animation would make that so much higher.

What's with you and the obsession with texture animation when it's not necessary, you've been constantly asking me to do texture animation on my ice models. I already told you many times that I won't, so telling me again is no longer constructive advice, but only excessive demands.

I'm going to be making magma rock armor when I'm done with this set, and maybe THEN I will have texture animation, but there's no point in that with ice.

Look at an ice cube in a freezer. It is static. If it were a model with a texture, the texture would not be animated.