• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I wish there is a trigger that disable orb effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I control-f-ed through common.j and found this:

constant unitevent EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGED

It isn't mentioned in blizzard.j, which probably means that it isn't available in GUI, and I haven't tested it out or anything, but not everything that is possible can be done in GUI or by converting it to JASS.

Unless you mean strictly when a unit is dealt damage by an attack. I also haven't tested it.

Also I found these:

// EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGED
constant native GetEventDamage takes nothing returns real
constant native GetEventDamageSource takes nothing returns unit

It is quite useful to read through common.j, because it might allow you to do things you were otherwise unable to do.

Level 1
There are need 2 triggers, 1 triggers use to detect after a unit is entered to Playable Map Area and add a new event to next trigger (Entering unit - Takes Damage) and you can do your action now. However, i suggested you use Bribe Damage Engine will be better :)

I saw this done in an old map (Wc3 wow, or something)

• Some Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to SomeOtherTrigger <gen> the event (Unit - (Matching unit) Takes damage)
Which is a terrible way to do it, just use a Damage Detection System people.

Status
Not open for further replies.