• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need someone with 3dsmax or Wings3d!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need someone with 3dsmax, or whatever programs are compatible with .3ds, .obj, .md2, or .md5 who can convert those files to .mdx. My export script to .mdx is brokatized and until its fixed i need some1 to email my models to and they can post em or email the .mdx version back to me. This would be very highly appreciated and i have some really kick-ass models in my "large model expanse" folder that i never thought of posting here because they were the wrong format, until i found that there were 'python' scripts that can make files readable by applications and editors such as these.

hope im not posting in the wrong forum,

DDNGW

Level 11
i could do it for you but im not that good with 3dsmax and hardly know how to model.if i were you id PM a model section mod or highly respected modeler and ask them(cookie,mechon...)

Dragon_Lord: LOL man
3 demensional = MODEL
2 demensional = SKIN or IMAGE
you cant convert an 2d object to a 3d object unless what you are trying to say is you want something wraped on a model,then PM me and il teach you how.

Level 5
Erm... you said that an image can't be converted into .mdx? Not true. In a map I have (The Voyage - Part 2) the loading screen is .mdx

Level 4
hey DDNGW, just wondering, what program do you use to make models? I also am on a mac.

btw, I have wings. don't know if it can convert to .mdx though. haven't really experimented with it. is there a plug-in that makes it possible to export to .mdx?

Level 4
I just looked at Blender. Looks pretty sweet.

I think I saw, or heard about, an obj to mdx converter somewhere. I could be just making things up though. If there isn't one, there should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.