• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Applying Given Textures to This Model - 3DSMax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello!

The model posted below is fully functional and the only requirement left is for it to be textured. To my request, this model was converted successfully on a 2022 version of 3DSMax by someone else. However, because of its latest version, it was not able to export the textures along with it. According to him, the 2022 version of 3DSMax uses a different material editor. I am assuming that an earlier version of 3DSMax is in order for it to be done.

From what information I can gather, there are 3 BMP files: 'Head', 'Body' and 'Weapon'. Each BMP file automatically traces properly onto its respective part within the 2012 version of 3DSMax. According to the person who converted it, I was told it requires 3 meshes, one for each BMP file. But from another source, this singular mesh was able to carry all 3 BMP files and create a completed textured model within 3DSMax. I am inexperienced in this so I cannot claim it to be true.

That is all to it. After a long journey, the textures is all that remains to this project. I really hope someone can aid in my request, it would be most appreciated, and finally put an end to this project.

Attachments

• Headcutter.rar
    499.6 KB · Views: 2
Level 50
Is this what you wanted?

Attachments

• Head Cutter.mdx
    413.2 KB · Views: 5
  • HeadCutter2.png
    HeadCutter2.png
    269.9 KB · Views: 16
  • headcutter-b.blp
    215.6 KB · Views: 4
  • headcutter-h.blp
    94.4 KB · Views: 6
  • headcutter-w.blp
    129.9 KB · Views: 5
Level 6
Thank ya. It's a rip from Priston Tale 1 - a 2002 MMO game. Took some work-around to get it as an actual MDX file.

I would upload it with due credits but atm it does not show spell effects cast onto the model itself like Thunderclap or any other buff. So I'm trying to figure this one last thing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.