• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

I need someone who can fix an updside down skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is a bug with many of the file converters used to convert to/from .blp.

It is not upside down but infact mirrored because they store the pixel data backwards... I had this problem with my Green Circle TD map which is why I know about it. The Hive Workshop's minimap interpreter suffered from this bug by flipping images that were correct ingame but this seems fixed.

It seems that it only bugs with certain types of textures, usually palleted but this is likly due to them using a standard library for .jpeg support which, unlike their own code, is correct. This is why idiots should not make file converters.

I rotated it using paint, but now the problem is when I put it on the model it has some white covers around. :(
You can use an image editing software that support alpha channels (e.g. Photoshop), use BLPLab to convert the texture into TGA, open the image in the software and replace the white parts with transparent pixels, save the image as 32-bit TGA and convert it back into BLP with BLPLab.

Status
Not open for further replies.