• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

I need some help with a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Long story short, I need help with Paladon's advanced shockwave. I'm trying to make the shockwave deal chaos damage equal to one of the hero's attributes and I can't get it to work. I'm not exactly an expert when it comes to this. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Level 25
Hero attribute is an integer number, while damage is real number, so you need to convert integer to real.

Ex.
  • Set Damage = (1.25 x (Real((Strength of Your_unit (Include bonuses)))))
It is Damage = Arithmetic(A x B)
A = 1.25
B = "Conversion - Convert Integer to Real" and in the integer menu it is "Hero - Hero Attribute"

Level 37
-Create a real array variable
-In Shockwave2 trigger, set the value in index JD_Integers[2] to the attribute of the hero. Use Conversion - convert integer to real
-In Shockwave3 trigger, when it picks the unit group and sets the KBA variables, cause JD_Unit[JD_Integers[3]] to damage picked unit for yourRealArray[JD_Integers[3]]

Last edited:
Level 2
Did you mean shockwave 3? because that's where the KBAs are, when I put the damage there the actions are looping so it deals more damage than intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.