• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need ideas about Cosmic Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
So I need additional basic general force to be a part of my campaign lore called cosmic forces that are:

Note: I'm editing WoW cosmic and canonical cosmic forces chart.
Cosmic forces

(1) Light
* Led by Naaru and light redeemed Sargeras.
(2) Shadow
* Led by Void
(3) Life
* Led by Wild Gods
(4) Death
* Led by Kromm
(5) Order
* Led by titans.
(6) Disorder
* Led by New Legion master.

My custom addition:
(7) Time
* Led by portal keepers and even time aspects.
(8) Eternity
* Led by astral bodies or zodiacs.
* It is halved into two: Hell and Damnation, and Immortality and Peace.
(9) Abstraction
* Led by aliens and unwelcome beings.
(10) Omniform
* This is the realm of gods and creator of titans. Usually the outermost plane of the cosmic table.

Do you have other ideas to add as general cosmic force?

Level 24
Alright so a few things you could go with include:

* Anti-Omniform: Assuming that you don't classify the Titans in the same group as their creators the same should probably be true for the void lords, who would be the opposite to the creator of the titans as the Void Lords are far beyond the comprehension of the Titans, as attested by Xal'atath in Legion.

* Physical: The mortal, flesh shaped beings of the universe.

* Technollogy: Seeing how your project would be Science fantasy, much like Legion, rather than traditional fantasy like the rest of the WoW expansions it seems reasonable to add a technology as a cosmic force.

* Shadowlands and Emerald Dreams: Now these are rather unique as they are specific to the planet of Azeroth but I'm getting the feeling that you've drawn a lot of inspiration from Avengers and intend to put in a similar invasion of Azeroth, if I'm not talking out of my @$$ then it would be reasonable to have them use the Shadowlands and/or the Emerald as their footholds, this would quite nicely explain why the wild gods and death is involved in the conflict and work as a nice bridge in the story to involve every aspect of your table. I would personally adore if these "unwelcome beings" as you put it, tried to expand the Emerald Dreams and the shadowlands to overwhelm the planet, it's also possible that you could make it so that these two realms are directly linked to the strength of the Titan Azeroth and that as she gets closer and closer to hatching these realms stretch further and further outside the planet. Ysera (or whomever the green aspect would be in this story) would obviously loose control over her realm as it grew bigger and bigger while her flight at the same time is not increasing to compensate for the increased territory and Ysera has to call in all the mortals to fight to defend the Emerald Dream.

Also one thing I'd like to point out, you've obviously based your lore around this:

eN9UMih.jpg

One thing I'd like to point out, if you're going to add more cosmic forces is that all the current cosmic forces are placed in between two elements, so the Old Gods for instance, who represent darkness (the void) and have their homes at the depths of the planet are placed in between earth and decay, which makes sense. So if you care about maintaining the symetry of the system laid out in Chronicles then you may wish to add more elements to compensate for these new cosmic forces. Right now there are six elements for six cosmic forces so if you'd want ten cosmic forces you'd probably want to add four new elements. Technollogy which was the third item I requested could serve as a useful element which could neatly represent both Abstraction and one other cosmic force of your choice.

Another important thing to remember about the symetry of this system is the fact that in the original every single cosmic force has an opposite, Light has Void, Life has Death and Order has Disorder. Now if you want to add the four you have suggested I'd strongly suggest adding two more to serve as opposites to your current system. So for instance you could add Eternity which is the opposite of Time, Omniform which is the opposite to Anti-Omniform, and abbstraction, which would be the opposite of physical. Here's how I drew the system.

STtBvYI.png

As you can see this keeps the symetry of the original drawing quite well, all the cosmic orders are on the opposit end of their opposits. Physical and Abstraction are on opposite ends, so is Time and Eternity and Omniform and anti-omniform. Not to mention that the same goes for the elements, just like in the original water and air are on opposite ends, but also the ones I introduced. Tech and Primal are on opposite ends, so are also Ethereal and Astral as well as Destruction and Creation.

In addition if there are anythings you don't think fit in my model I'd love to see the arguments, if you for instance argue that animal life (physical) and plant life (life) shouldn't belong to seperate groups I could argue that they already do Alexstrasza was charged by the titans to protect animal life and Ysera charged with guarding plants. So having one cosmic force with animals, such as humans and one with plant life, such as Nordrassil makes perfect sense within the context of WarCraft lore.

Level 14
This is a good stuff to read. I will love to implement and integrate @Razosh's idea with some rearrangement I will make soon. Also, the circle graph or bubble graph is good too, brings an idea of a modified cosmic force table of canon WoW.

Yes, you are correct that my mod is fantasy science concerning of medieval realms that collided with their future selves, that includes tech and abstraction, similarity to futurism and aliens from space. I would also like to add two more among the Emerald Dream and Shadowlands, the Eternal Damnation (just facing the Eternity and positioned on the right) while the left one must be Memorial Realm, this one is closely based on time which is contrary to tech and astral, the memorial realm contains memories and historical events, wars, and many others which is tightly tied to Emerald Dream and Shadowlands. :)

Level 24
Glad to hear that it helped, good luck with your project, I hope to hear more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.