• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Storyboard - need critique!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey fellow Hive-ers,

I've recently been brainstorming some ideas for a possibly campaign I plan on developing down the track. After toying with some ideas, I eventually decided that the campaign should be within the WarCraft lore. Anyway, I've done some seriously extensive research and I'm fairly certain that my proposed story falls in correctly with the lore. For reference, the events happening are around the same time as the fall of Dalaran.

Ballador the Bright was a Knight of the Silver Hand who commanded the Champions of Peace; a formation of soldiers and paladins organised to defend Uther. Him and his soldiers formed defenses on the outskirts of Andorhal in an attempt to stop the pillaging hordes of the Scourge. However, the Scourge proved far too numerous and him and his forces were overwhelmed. In a fight between him and Arthas, Ballador proved no match for the Lich King's chosen warrior and was severely wounded.

Shortly after Uther was murdered by Arthas Ballador rounded up what few troops he had left in his command and headed north towards Hearthglen, one of the last remaining towns in Lordaeron. On the way, however, they encountered many Scourge warriors including a Dreadlord named Dethecus. Battle weary and cut down in numbers, the Champions of Peace eventually reached Hearthglen. On their arrival, they discovered the town was controlled by a faction called the 'Scarlet Crusade' which consisted of soldiers and paladins alike who are intent on wiping out the undead for good. The forces at Hearthglen are led by Highlord Taelan Fordring, who is also a paladin. Ballador and Taelan agree to merge forces, but shortly after Ballador's arrival Hearthglen is attacked by Scourge forces. Ballador and Taelan eventually managed to save the town and destroy the Scourge base located in the area.

Shortly after the attack, General Abbendis (leader of the Scarlet Crusade) arrived at Hearthglen and ordered Taelan to assist him in assaulting the Scourge on the outskirts of Strathomle. At first Taelan refuses, worried that the Scourge may try to attack Hearthglen again, and wishes to stay in order to defend it. However, Taelan eventually gives in and he along with Ballador rally up their forces and head towards Stratholme.

The combined forces of Taelan, Abbendis and Ballador eventually lay seige to the Scourge bases outside of Sratholme. While fighting, Ballador once again meets Dethecus. Dethecus eventually flees the battle, but not before preaching the Legion's return.

They eventually eradicate the Scourge's outer defenses, but shortly after an undead strikeforce is seen towards a small village. Ballador insists that they go to defend the village. Abbendis however, refuses to stop mid-fight and cares little for the fate of the villagers. Ballador is outraged, and pleads for Taelan's help. Taelan reluctantly refuses, and has faith in Abbendis' decision. Ballador is disgusted with them both, and goes to defend the village.

On arrival to the village, Ballador discovers that he is too late. Dethecus once again appears and, angered at Ballador's constant attempts to interfere with his plans, sends his forces to attack him. Ballador manages to fend off Dethecus' forces, but most of his men are slain in the process. Ballador then confronts and kills Dethecus, who is killed. Ballador begins to grieve for his fallen comrades, and swears to avenge them.

I've researched the Scarlet Crusade, and couldn't find a really specific time when it started to form. I was hoping if someone could help me out here. Thanks!

Level 9
The timeline is very messy. The Scarlet Crusade was formed only many months after the Battle of Mount Hyjal and not right after Uther's demise. Plus, during that time most of Lordaeron's cities still stood. However, I believe I have found proper solution.

After they failed in protecting their leader, Ballador and his men headed to Capital City and protected it during the Legion's final attack. They survived the battle though, and stayed in the city's ruins until the word from the west about the Legion's defeat came. It was then the time to gather all remaining refuges in the city and to flee to the east, in order to find shelter in one of the surviving cities of humanity (WC3: TFT, Undead campaign, chapter 1). After they managed to escape to the Western Plaguelands, your second part of the story begins.
There is the problem with the Dreadlord, but it is reasonable since during that time the Nathrezim were in rule over the Plaguelands.

Hope you will embrace it.

Last edited:
Level 2
Cheers anetherond; this is exactly what I wanted. I will probably end up using your version, if of course that is OK with you :) .

However, there's one thing I would really like to know: when did the Legion begin to actually enter Azeroth en masse? I know when Archimonde was summoned, but did many other demons follow him, or were there many demons in Azeroth before he was summoned?

Status
Not open for further replies.