• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help with a spell please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want a spell for a custom builder unit that works like this:

You will have a builder guy that has a spell that he can target a building with and then he can build that building once. It is OK if he can build that building forever until he casts the spell on a different building if there isn't a way to make it so he can't build it agian. I tried a bunch of different ways with triggers but I couldn't get it to work every way I tried. Any help would be appreciated greatly and I will give U credit in my map.

PEONMASTER

Level 4
hi
im not actually home right now (at friends house, his WE doesn't work) but ill try and guide you through this as well as i can.

Im not sure if you can do this but if its possible, when a player casts the thingy on a building, add the building to the units available buildings, if he casts it on another building, remove all other buildings from its avaiable buildings and add the new one...

another way is to make the building act like a hero. ill get back to you on that when i get home...

when i get home ill have a looky, hope this info i gave you helped in some way. if nobody can help u, i suppose u better try the spells forum for more information as people in there probably know alot more about spells than mappers.

Level 5
Yea, I tried that and it didn't work. I don't think there's an action that adds a structure to the available structures. But yea, I will post in the spells forum, thanks. When you get back home you can PM me if you like.

PEONMASTER

Status
Not open for further replies.