• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help with a lightning spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I need some help with a lightning spell.
I tried making one based on storm bolt, but I cant make the lightning bolt (the doodad called lightning bolt) hit the target, the lightning does not even appear, only the stunned thingy appears.
If you could tell me how to make it, then I would be grateful.

P.S.
It is ment to hit instandly, stun and damage.
And there should be a lightning coming down from the sky when it hits.

Level 13
how about you make dummy unit with has fly movement type and 1000 flying height. give it custom chain lightning ability that hit only 1 target. then create another dummy with normal height, give it custom stormbolt with no missile.

Then, when your unit cast the ability, create those 2 dummies on target location. Order the first one to chain lightning the target. order the second one to storm bolt the target.

I think that gives cooler effect than moonsoon effect.

Level 2
I found another way to make it (same base spell, i just altered every thing i could to the monsoon target buff)

Thanks for your help anyway

Level 13
Nerak said:
no it didnt work (and i dont know how to make dummy units)

Just make it from any unit, but i prefer sentry ward.
give locust ability, change the model to .mdl (null), change the movement speed, turn rate, unit classification, and line of sight.

If you still don't understand try to download some trigger enhanced spell. Most of them use dummy unit, and see how they're working.

Level 3
Nerak said:
no it didnt work (and i dont know how to make dummy units)
Most spells have a buff/effect, which you can edit at the Buff/Effects thingy, they're useless other then for art and text, Look for Storm Bolt's buff/effect, and edit it's model with monsoon's target model.

Level 2
I got the spell working now

But I need to know how to make a trigger that transforms one item (a custom item called unpowered orb) into another item (an orb of lightning) when hit by the lightning spell (casted by an unit)(when the item is not in inventory)

P.S.
The spell is an attack spell, so it cant be altered, there for I need the trigger. (unfortunately I dont know how to make any triggers)
Please help.

Level 6
Nerak said:
I got the spell working now

But I need to know how to make a trigger that transforms one item (a custom item called unpowered orb) into another item (an orb of lightning) when hit by the lightning spell (casted by an unit)(when the item is not in inventory)

P.S.
The spell is an attack spell, so it cant be altered, there for I need the trigger. (unfortunately I dont know how to make any triggers)
Please help.

Code:
Trigger
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to AttackAbilityHere
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Item-type of (Target item of ability being cast)) Equal to ItemYouWantToBeTargeted
            Then - Actions
                Item - Remove (Target item of ability being cast)
                Item - Create ItemToBeCreated at (Position of (Target item of ability being cast))
            Else - Actions

However, I am not sure whether this will work, but even if it does, someone might be able to find a more effective solution.

Level 2
it works, but with a bug, any spell casted by that unit anywhere actives the trigger (which is'nt a good thing as the abilities (of that unit) all are attack abilities, meaning that you proberly will use one of them before you get to the orb)

I found another way (but it also has a bug):
Trigger
Events
Unit - Half-Orc 0003 <gen> Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
Lightning Bolt (Bronze Dragon) Equal to Lightning Bolt (Bronze Dragon)
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions
If - Conditions
(Current life of Unpowered Orb 0045 <gen>) Less than 400.00
Then - Actions
Item - Create Orb of Lightning at (Position of Unpowered Orb 0045)
Item - Remove Unpowered Orb 0045<gen>
Else - Actions
Do nothing

The bug is that you have to either hit the orb twice or hit it, pick it and drop it, then it transforms.

So if you could find a way to remove the bugs in one of the two ways, or find a way with no bugs, then I would be most grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.