• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lightning Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im trying to add the chain lightning, lightning effects to an auto cast spell, but they just arent working. I even tried copying Frost Bolt and changing all the information to the same as chain lightnings but the effects still didnt work. Closest ive got is using a dummy to actually cast chain lightning but it looks stupid as the lightning comes from the heroes chest.

Level 2
Im trying to put it on an auto cast ability.... Or make it look like the lightning effects come from the heroes weapon.

Level 11
Heh... pretty difficult I guess. You would need somehow to create the effect that the dummy unit is at the position of the weapon which is hard. First, you have to get the right Flying Height. Secondly, you have to get the right position, somehow depending on the facing of the unit. I don't think there is a completely general solution.

Level 2
Yea thought of that but was hoping for an easier solution, anyway thanks for the help I'll work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.