• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help with 3 things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I need help with 2 things

I need help with 2 things for my Map:

1-Multiple multiboards, 1 for each player. One player cannot see the other player's multiboard.

2-Show damage done by both, physical attack and spells.

Thank you.
If there is something that is not understandable, please do ask me.
If there is someone who is willing to help - please post here! (I will increase his/her reputation and will be added in the credits of my Map!)

Last edited:
Level 9
this looks rather like a request than help with triggers as you haven't written any down, the first 2 things can be found if you use search on this forum, I'm pretty sure there are topics that solved those problems

Level 7
Well, for Multiple Multiboards, I did find some help in "Tutorial" although did not help me alot as it did not work on my map, it seems I just need a more specific details about how to create Multiple Multiboards.
For Show damage, I went over more than 100 threads but did not find any and I am not willing to go through the whole Forum which might take hours going through thousands of threads for just 1 thing.

Level 7
Thanks guys, I'll see if it will work. ^^

{EDIT}
  • Multiple Multiboards
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
      • Loop actions
        • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(bj_ForLoopAIndex + 1) then
        • Multiboard - Hide (Last created multiboard)
        • Custom script: endif
A box has been popped up when I saved the map and this what it said:
Error:
Trigger has been disabled.

May you demonstrate to me exactly the actions of the trigger that I am supposed to put as I am a complete noob in, "Custom scripts". =/

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't work like that. You normally have to create the multiboard for all players, and, when you want to change something on a specific player, then you change the multiboard data for him only.
Have a look:
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Temp_Foce = (All players matching ((Matcing Player) controller Equal to User) and ((Matching Player) slot status Equal to Is Playing) //This is a Player Group variable
    • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and (Number of Players in (Temp_Force) rows, titled Multiboard
    • Set Multiboard1 = (Last created multiboard)
    • Custom script: DestroyForce (udg_Temp_Force) //If you are still going to interact with the "Temp_Force" Player group variable, in the game, afterwards, you must not destroy it, so skip this very line.
Now, let's say you want to change the data in the multiboard for the player whose unit just picked up an item and you want the item's name displayed, but only for this player.
  • Trigger2
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit acquires an item
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()) then
    • Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard1 item in Column 2 and Row (Player Number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) to (Name of (Item being manipulated))
    • Custom script: endif
There. The data modification will affect the owner of the unit, who picked up the item.

Level 7
When I saved, this trigger became disabled and whenever I enable it, a box appears saying:
Error
The trigger cannot be enabled because not all parameters have values.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Force = (All players matching ((((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) and (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User)))
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 8 columns and 4 rows, titled Hero Status:
      • Set Hero_Multiboard = (Last created multiboard)
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 5, row 1 to Hide text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 6, row 1 to Hide text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 7, row 1 to Hide text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 8, row 1 to Hide text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 5, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 6, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 7, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 8, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 5, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 6, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 7, row 3 to Hide text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 8, row 3 to Hide text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 5, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 6, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 7, row 4 to Hide text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 8, row 4 to Hide text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Job:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to <Empty String>
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to XP:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 1 to <Empty String>
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to HP:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to <Empty String>
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 2 to MP:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 2 to <Empty String>
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 5, row 2 to DMG:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 6, row 2 to <Empty String>
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 7, row 2 to DEF:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 8, row 2 to <Empty String>
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to STR:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 3 to <Empty String>
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 3 to AGI:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 3 to <Empty String>
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 5, row 3 to INT:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 6, row 3 to <Empty String>
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to EVN:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 4 to <Empty String>
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 4 to CRIT:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 4 to <Empty String>
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 5, row 4 to ME%:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 6, row 4 to <Empty String>
      • Multiboard - Hide (Last created multiboard)
      • Custom script: DestroyForce (udg_Temp_Force)
What is the problem with this trigger?

Level 7
Nope, nothing to do with that Action, even if I delete it and try to enable the trigger, same box appears saying:
The trigger cannot be enabled because not all parameters have values.

I have completely no idea what's wrong with the trigger, please some one help.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.