• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need Help! there is a few things i do not understand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
OK... heres my problem... i am new to spell making but not editing... I made spell (kinda sucz)

this is wat it does: Firstly it stuns all units in 700 AoE then there is a short wait, then it deals 200 damage to all units in 700 AoE (it will be 200 wen i understand some things)

What i want to do: ( i need help with these things) It stuns all units in 700 AoE then as there stunned suc them into the casting unit slowly! then after a short wait it deals the 200 damage in the 200 AoE (since all the units will be nice and close) then pushes them all back again.

I REALLY NEED HELP!

Level 13
You make you custom spell based on any AOE target spell (e.g. silence). Then when unit starts the effect of an ability, check it, is it an ability that you mean? If yes, pick every unit in circle, with target point of ability being cast as a circle's center, and 700 as a radius. Create dummy unit on each picked unit, order it to cast storm bolt on picked unit. Store target point on variable, caster unit on variable, and any thing that needed after wait action.

Wait for several second, and now pick every unit in circle, with target point of ability being cast as a circle's center, and 200 as a radius. Do damage on each picked unit.

Since you're new in spell making, read Daelin's Trigger Enhanced Spell Tutorial, right on stickies.

Level 6
I think that would be better if you simple create a dummy unit at target points of ability being cast and order this unit to cast War Stomp; then, you only need to edit the War Stomp ability (damage and stun that you want to do). :roll:
The suggestion of Leopard is all right, but, perhaps should be better to use this action to damage and stun units in AOE, because creating some dummy units at the same time may cause lag problems to the map (if you are creating a big map).

Level 10
Why don't you base it off of warstomp and pull in the units with the specific buff. (ie once they get close, deal the damage and reverse it.) Once they are close, play another one to push all of them back (checking for the same buff). If you do it right, you can get different units to be pulled in and pushed back at different times, that would look cool.

Otherwise, you just get it to wait until all are close enough, then do whatever you want and finish with th4e pushback.

Level 3
THe main thing is, im not that skilled, im still haveing trouble with those gay dummy units! i tried creasting all the units move towerd the caster, but that look real gay, because they all walk up, then get hurt!

If there is an easier way to do push and pull spells it would be greatly aprecitaited if u could tell me, or if u could give me an quick lesson on dummy units, and variables, i read that turtoriol but i am no further at learning what i want to do!

still need help lol (leapord, or anyone else who can help me, i understand only like a few things u were saying! if u could be more specific, like right out the triggers and varibles, or email me at [email protected] and give me a pic of the triggers in the editor!

Level 3
fric, i am like the worst etidor ever, i red the tutriol, but i am still baffled, wat is a dummy unit, i made uint, but i think thats useless, i there is a way u can like get a picture of the editor with the spell finished and post it here or email it, that would be sweet! [email protected] ty

lol... help...

Level 3
Very thankful! but that does not explain to me how to make a basic dummy unit! (my im hopless! all my posts before this one are useless) i done wna that spell anymore! sorry for the incanvince (thanks guys!)

OK what i am now trying to do is some nature spells heres a list of them:
1) Over Growth: Creates a large bunch of trees emerge from the ground (10 or so) used for trapping enemy units, blocking off areas, and for my other spells!
2) Nature's Gift: Sacarifices either a summoned tree (from the spell above) or or from one of the trees alrdy on the map! and gives mana make going by the percent.
3) Nature's Blessing: Destroys a group of trees to summon fighters! easy yes... but i want it to work on normal trees, annd the summoned trees! so firstly ineed to know how to make a group of trees be summoned before this spell can be done...
4) Forest Walkers: I based an ability on raise dead, i wanted the caster do summon my tree guys from an ordinary tree (or summoned one) but i made the targets allowed "Tree" but that failed, still said i needed a corpse, wats up wit that!!!

That is all, i don no how hard this stuff is! but this is what i need now!

Level 11
For the first it's pretty simple. You can create trees by the Destructable - Create function. You will need to use a polar projection to create trees around a point. If you want those trees to be temporary you will have to keep them all in a variable (array) and kill them after when their time expires.

For the second, I don't really know a spell which can target a single tree. I would try channel. Channel has almost all the fields correct so it shouldn't be a problem. Then the trigger is simple:

Event - An Unit Starts The Effect of an Ability
Conditions - (Ability Being Cast) equal to Nature's Gift
Actions - Destructible - Kill (Target destructible of ability being cast)
- Set Mana of (Casting Unit) to (((Current Mana) of (Casting Unit))+x)

x is the amount of mana regenerated

Force of Nature will work on the summoned trees too. So use it for Nature's Blessing.

For the last you will have to find another skill which works on a single tree. But wait, I think you can use Channel again. Just change the order ID. I think it is the only skill which accepts that.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.