• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I Need Help Naming Skins in import mng.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello Everyone,
After days and days of research. I finally figured out how to find skins, convert them to work in Photoshop, and convert them back to .blp

NOW....my only problem is....how and what do I name them in the import manager. For EXP: I made one skin then named it Footman2 Now what? Ive tried things like units\human\Footman2\footman2.blp and units\human\footman2.blp

I really cant seem to find the right one...Is it based on the file they are in....or their catagorization in the Warcraft skins files. Plz help me. It will be much appreciated.

Thanx,
~The Cryingminotaur

Level 5
no problem, you have to make the path the exact one that the ORIGINAL skin is, if it's Textures\footman.blp then don't name the path Textures\footman2.blp, if you do it that way the importer trys to assign the skin to a model that doesn't exist on this plan of reality. SO in summation, just name the skin the exact path that it originally was.

Status
Not open for further replies.