• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

i have a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi. ok heres the story. so i was thinking of starting to make more maps so i went to this site and downloaded a whole bunch of models. then i thought for every map i make i dont want to keep importing or w/e all the time so i decided to make 1 map with all the models imported and i could just use that maps and save onto another so i can still use the other map but w/e. so while i was working on that i was importing, swiching units into others and so when i did that i just put a couple of units on the map to see what they looked like (some didnt work :sad:) so i have the map with everything imported and i wanted to play around with them so i tested my map and i had a xfire crash like the loading was almost there and it just exited out and told me i hav a xfire crash. so i wanted to just see if the problem was the same with other maps so i opened another and it worked. (also everything was saved before i left the map so i still have it) alright so i said il just exit and go back on. so i get back on and its working and all so i try to open up the map with all the imports and it says woldeditor isnt working and needs to close check for solution..blah blah.. and so it wont let me on so plz help i want that map working :cry: (i use vista btw)

Level 17
Hmm, I'm not sure but it seems to me like you downloaded a corrupt model file.
I would reread the whole stuff you wrote, but I'm afraid my eyes are going to bleed if they ever see this unformatted wall of text. :p
Please try to give your thread a name closer to your problem, avoid 'plz' and alikes and format your text ^^

Level 4
haha you got jokes ok i will try to avoid the errors and all that stuff but do you know how i can fix this like if i can find the model and take it out or fix it i dont know any other ways to fix it but if you do know please reply.

Level 4
ok first of all i usually save after i do a couple of models and i just tested it out to see how they looked and all and it did the crash thing. second i was reading that umm yeah it could be because i have no clue how i can figure out what model has a polygram or any of that stuff and uhh yeah i cant really go back to my map and fix it because it wont let me on it and i dont know which model has the corruption so yeah.

Level 4
not really the day is not saved i no what to do but i need to fix my problem how can i identify the problem and how can i fix it so i can continue on my map thats what im trying to figure out i no what the problem is caused by so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.