• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I have a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I just recently got my family playing warcraft 3 finally, it's been great playing melee on lan but today we decided we would like to play battle.net. We have 3 different CD keys, 1 is and has always been installed on my computer and works fine. 1 has been installed on my Dad's and sister's computer. I was going through some old computer junk that I had in a drawer and found an old long lost copy that has only been used on my old laptop. I uninstalled the one on my sister's computer and put the new one on their instead so that we could all play on b.net. But when they try to go on it says that they are using the same CD key. We uninstalled wc on my dad's and sister's computer and reinstalled it with each computer's repective copy but it still says they are using the same cd key. Why is this? How can I get all of us online at once?

Level 34
I assume you made sure you weren't using either CD key on your computer?
There's also a small chance your old key was stolen.
There are also CD keys that work for installing, but not Bnet. I remember using all 0s or 1234 repeated to install SC and WC3 for LAN use.

Level 4
Neither CD key is being used on my computer.
I don't think it was stolen because the error it gives is something along the lines of "dad's name is playing the game," if my sister trys to get in when he's on and vice versa.
Finally the CD key that I used for my sister is legit, it's the one stickered to the outside of the cd case.

Level 4
I'm not entirely sure but i think it may have something to do with my dad's copy being installed on my sister's computer before I found my old one and uninstalled my dad's copy on her computer.

Level 11
Maybe there are registry remnants of the old installation, try checking that. If, however, you do not know how or you're not entirely sure of what you're doing, don't tamper with the registry and ask Blizzard instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.