• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I dream to dream the wildest dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello The Hive Workshop and everybody, nice to meet you people, it's Wildream here, 19 going 20, from Malaysia, grow up playing Blizzard's games and definitely have the passion for them.

I've been downloading hundreds of maps here and hosting them around, I got to say that most of them are real fun to play. Then this one day, I suddenly thought of creating my very own map after seeing great custom games like DotA, Anime Fight, Fight of Character and the DC vs MK (non-war3 related) which is coming soon.

I plan to create either an arena / AoS style of map where I throw in characters (few from each) from all kinds of games / comics such as Superman, Batman and The Flash from D.C universe, Alien vs Predator, Starcraft, Mortal Kombat, 300, Avatar: The Last Air Bender, Risk Your Life, Pokemon, Terminator, Kung Fu Panda and more! It'll be a super hybrid game where you can see all kinds of heroes / villians duke out with each others.

[dreaming]And what being the happiest thing is that I'll be the maker of such map. [/dreaming]

But I've a few problems in hands which I'm seeking enlightment here:

1. Is it okay if I just use characters like Leonidas, Superman, Johny Cage in my map? Is it immoral / illegal? Copyright infringement laws are bureaucracy stuff which I don't understand. In my opinion, if I use them in my game I'm actually promoting them, hey I love those characters which I'm planning to use to make up the map.

2. So far I only know how to change given values in Map Editor, nothing more, too much to learn. Meaning I'm a newbie in this mapping aspect, I would appreciate helps in any forms.

That's all for my introduction, hope we can get along just fine.

p/s: I'm not in a hurry of making this map, meaning I'll be taking my sweet time. Is anyone interested in creating this map with me? =D

Level 6
Well, Welcome to the Hive, and good Luck With your map!

Hmm...I dont think its against any laws lol...But im not 100% sure either.

Im also a Map maker...My Status of one...Is well idk...I dont host any Public BETA's so i dont really no what peopel of my map...

But depending on the map...I might be able to helpwith osmething ^_^ just let me no what kind of work you need and let me know i'll see if i can help any...

Cya round maybe ^_^...

Status
Not open for further replies.