• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I don't want auras take effect over boundaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi.
I have two problems:
1.) I don't want units to have a sight range over boundaries. I would prefer not to use sight blocker doodads, since I would easily need like 1000 of them.

2.) I don't want auras to take effect over boundaries, so if a unit with an aura is on one side of the boundary I don't want any unit on the other side of the boundary to recieve its aura.

I have checked the Gameplay Constants but couldn't find anything. Any help is appreciated.

Level 13
hm, only thing i can think about now is using regions, like you have a region on one side of the boundary and one at the other side, you give your units very low sight range and make a trigger enabling vision when they enter the region. depending on how much boundaries you have, you might do a similiar thing for your aura, you could check if the affected unit is in the same region as the unit providing the aura, if not add an effect that eliminates the aura effect, this solution depends ofcourse a lot on your terrain and time. i'm thinking about sth else, but for the moment i can only imagine sth like this

Level 23
I think, that its possible to not reveal masked areas over boundaries and cliffs (and such) by unchecking the "masked areas are partially visible" option in the map properties window.

(Alittle screenie as well)
uncheckdx0.jpg

Level 17
I'm okay with any hard solution, if there is any.
The problem is, I can't even make the boundaries vaster because I have some really long ranged auras.

Edit:
I think, that its possible to not reveal masked areas over boundaries and cliffs (and such) by unchecking the "masked areas are partially visible" option in the map properties window.
Nope, that does something else, thanks for your help though :)

Level 10
just do it the easy way.. make auras have less range and make the boundries thicker.

hm, only thing i can think about now is using regions, like you have a region on one side of the boundary and one at the other side, you give your units very low sight range and make a trigger enabling vision when they enter the region. depending on how much boundaries you have.

and on sight use what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.