• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i cant host!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
you cant host if you got LAN turned on right? when i check my connections, the LAN/High speed internet is turned on. and when i double click it, it shows that its LAN. but problem is, my computer isnt connected to the other one! its just connected to a modem! (please go easy on the computer language.)

Level 6
hm... if you have broadband connection then its normal that your connection shows LAN - i have broadband and it shows LAN too and i CAN host.

now i dont know how used you are with hosting games... so i feel sorry if i give a noobish advice :wink: . so have you done the correct PORT opened in your firewall settings? if not you have to add a port (lets call him wc3) with number 6112.

thats all i can say, sry...

Level 6
qwerty said:
i already enabled port. and my port is 6110 by the way

ye there are several ports u can use. from 6110 to 6119 or something.....

and: always when i heared with LAN-hosting i always heared problems and never solutions....

But hope dies last, hehe :wink:

Level 3
While we're talking about an inability to host, I don't have problems with LAN,assuming that's local area network, but I cannot successfully host on Bnet, does one generally wait more than ten minutes? Or is it some sort of error?

Level 4
You have to open the xjc/45 connection if you have broadband.

to open it, you must open the command console and configure the network upload configurations...to say 45.54.204.24 for at least a proper mainstream data connection output that will allow you to host.

if this doesn't work, then i will fiddle with the network upload configuration settings until you arrive at the best setting.

Level 6
Jaronis said:
but I cannot successfully host on Bnet, does one generally wait more than ten minutes? Or is it some sort of error?

did you opened a port like i posted above?

One thing, you can use ANY port for wc3, as long as you remember to change the port in options.

I could host before, when I had broadband (cable) .. and a router. Was no problem.. I only had to start a server for it to work.. a server using my specified port in both port forwading and wc3.

But now, that I've moved, and use DSL.. this doesn't work anymore. I have no router now, so it's a direct line from me to the modem-box (SpeedTouch510) to the splitter to the wall. I've tried to port forwarding my Norton, but it doesn't actually say I have a firewall.. but I got AutoProtect (No Port Forwarding availabe) and I've set Worm Protection to let wc3 trou. Any ideas?

Level 3
Well, I use Windows XP, (in case that's at all relevant) and I cannot find access to these ports, I'm assuming their in the control panel, but I cannot find them, under network connections there's something that says 1394 connection, in case that's any good, but it probably isn't. Sorry, I'm a bit unskilled in networking, and XP, if it changes anything, isn't helping.
Okay, I've just tried what I'm pretty sure you're talking about, and it isn't working, It could be that I'm, from the looks of it, behind two firewalls, but I made an exception for one and turned off the other, it's still not working, I'll betcha it's really obvious and I'm just too dense to find it, I hate it when that happens, but it's not all that rare. *sigh*

Level 10
maybe it's time you read the posts before making your own judgement. first of all, allowing port is just as good as turning off firewall. and i already TRIED turning off firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.